Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

Of Women....

Category: By Homer Simpson!

Please take note of the fact that before jumping to conclusions like...I am a feminist /anti-feminist/hypocrite...BLAH BLAH ...have enough patience to withstand the whole post.


Single men, by heart it. Married men, bookmark this.


This is not about "generalizations", but "observations" which I have jotted down and scribbled over the past.The inspiration behind these observations and me writing this is simple; I'm probing to see more happy duo's around - simple. And probably that’s why I keep asking them to give time to their relationships and not hurry! I am not being partial in here - I am just sorting out what I have seen , what I've observed with the married couples around, and if anything major,they have gone from strength to strength. Maybe someone is racing towards the perfection of "soul mate" in a hurry =P - and the feeling is Amazing!


Women are intuitive. They're sensitive creatures, caring souls, and they're "smart". More smart than all of us assume them to be. They're more aware of how you behave than you are about yourself. BTW the "women" in the previous sentence is in no way pointing to those stupid souls and those You Know what I mean....Women always race from a head start in conversation. So while you're planning what to throw next, they are done with the convo and ready for some next shyt. And yeah come to conclusions! Sometimes they hit the bull’s eye and sometimes just fail to make a mark.


Women are to be cached. Doesn't matter who she is - mom, daughter, sis, colleague, girlfriend, wife - Treasure them and if you cant then learn it. This means to chersih them, understand them, be friends with them, this means kick your ego and love 'em. Once I read: "Observe the way a man treats his mum and you will know almost everything you need to know about 'em". I talk to my mom every day...We laugh out, We joke around, We fight lol, We talk about good stuff, and there isn’t a thing in this world I wouldn’t do if it was for her - w/o her I wouldn’t be the man my to-be-wife will respect....Although the chances are slim for her to respect me *lmao*. Women value communication - that’s why they live longer - they communicate all the time, they express themselves, they let their emotions out rather than in. Someone somewhere said : “A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon”. There’s no point saying that guys cant multi task - I mean if they can do it, why cant you? If you're no good at it, learn it. Period


Know what women value. They value time. It took me years to work it out - but I'm glad I did.


My mom values security and family - which is why we communicate and talk everyday. Know what she values? Don’t guess, just ask her. What does this value mean to her? How do you know when the value has being attained? And the answers won’t be delayed! And will be to your utmost satisfaction. Deep down, she's a patient creature. She does think about your best interest at heart - even though sometimes it doesn’t seem that way - it doesn’t seem that way because my own ego, my own pride, my own complexes are in the way, hindering from me seeing how much she wants to help me. The day you find your mom in your girlfriend, will be the day you reach that place where you would want to marry her. And sometimes you have to settle for near perfect things. *lmao*


Women need confidence in a man. They don’t really mind if you are wrong or right, but they want confidence in what you do in what you think. Your confidence multiplies her confidence. Sometimes all she wants from you is four simple words not those regular three :P.."I Believe in You!".


Women ask for men who are decisive creatures. It doesn't how decisive/indecisive a woman is, she will never want/respect an indecisive man, never. She'd rather want you to be decisive, make a decision, argue about it and move on than have a brittle-willed, indecisive bowl of idiota jelly called "My-Man".


Try to make out the what's and the why's. Or what she says/does what she wants.She dislikes somthing about you! ? Why!? What started it? This ain't no interrogation; this is your effort to understand her. Time is what she values - this means you have to be punctual!, it means you must learn to be efficient, it means you learn to multi task, it means that you move your commitments/appointments around to spend time with her for some time - all from attaining this value. Yeah Multi-tasking.


And yes in case you see a women not wanting to talk to you or for that matter not living up to your expectations just think of the fact that there is someone out there getting all that importance from her =P. And maybe you don’t deserve that importance. Its better to move on than bad mouthing her and bitching about her! Yea these people need to get a life. A girl who is not approachable for you is maybe just about perfect for someone else. So stay away from bitching and instead get to work! And yea just to top it up…The last time I was made to think that an Eunuch is superior to a man when I saw a man slapping a woman. So guys take note of this and don’t force me to compare you with……And then I start running my mind on those weird tracks:P .Cheers!


This is kindaa the stuff which I got to know of "Women" over these years.


PS: There maybe a few exceptions to the above! And this maybe a Bolt out of the Blue sky for the people who personally know me =P



 

75 comments so far.

  1. Abha March 21, 2008 at 3:24 PM
    **clap clap clap***....i love u for this...mwahhh...:p
  2. Comfortably Numb March 21, 2008 at 3:35 PM
    Blaaashhhh
  3. dr March 21, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    finally smone sayin something right about women.......
    it was very thoghtful n i loved the way u put it........
  4. Homer Simpson! March 21, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    @ dr!
    I was always right about women...its not that you develop this ideology overnight! Its just that u need to get the words right:P
  5. Rashi V March 21, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    Definitely was worth the wait!! :P

    But I'm glad to see that coming out of a guy's mouth...:) Respect is the most important thing a woman wants and if you respect her as a woman and she'll think the world of you...SO the key word is RESPECT

    And this doesnt apply to the bimbos with no brains!!
  6. Setu March 21, 2008 at 8:46 PM
    thanks for the comment dude. about the tag - well, somethings you just do it for the heck of it.
  7. Setu March 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM
    I must say, u got a pretty interesting blog urself. Nice one.
  8. abymittal March 21, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    phew...it was a lenghty post..i almost lost my breath on the way down...but ur style made me stick to reading further and further.

    u can visit my blog too and leave ur comments if u feel like...happy blogging!
    http://abhaymittal.blogspot.com/search/label/Abhay%20as%20a%20poet
  9. arjun March 22, 2008 at 12:53 PM
    Hey...Nice write up...
    it was thought provoking....

    Cheers..!!
    Arjun
  10. S Ramanathan March 23, 2008 at 12:41 AM
    hey,

    did u hear about this?

    www.mmsc-manipal.com

    we really want students like u to come down! it ll be fun and a learning experience..register !
  11. Ashrita March 23, 2008 at 1:38 AM
    Now you know why I have always loved you, and why I always will :)

    P.S. I love you.
  12. C R D March 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM
    hey..really nice post. im probably gonna take a printout and keep it for reference :p hopefully itll help me.

    i see the women are gettin mushy over u already.:P

    keep writing
    Chris
    www.crissdude.blogspot.com
  13. Saju Muthalaly March 23, 2008 at 7:48 PM
    Did you say you are not going to make any generalization's? Would that be possible to write up on a subject like this without making some of those? Enjoyed it anyway. God bless.
  14. Agnesian March 23, 2008 at 8:32 PM
    Well, I totally agree on many things here, and I like your loving style. Other men( who i have problem with )really need to think over these points.

    Definitely, you’re a gifted man.
  15. Homer Simpson! March 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    @saju

    Well I tried my level best not to make and write generalizations...And please feel free to point out the generalizations made and I'll try to look up!

    Cheers! and thanx for reading

    @agnesian

    Thanx and I appreciate you taking out time of your "busy" schedule :P
  16. Sai March 23, 2008 at 11:08 PM
    So ur hardwork for years got u a gr8 fruit - [ may be a cherry :) ]
  17. Saju Muthalaly March 24, 2008 at 2:32 AM
    To be very fair your did mention that your post is not "filled with generalizations" and I think you are absolutely right there! However, you do make a few generalisations and I want to acknowledge that this is very much in the peripheral of what you are ultimately trying to say.. To start with "Women are sensitive creatures... intuitive, caring and smart." While it is very true that women are in my experience by and large are- sensitive, spontaneous, perceptive and caring creatures indeed. More so than men who have crossed my way. But to deem them exclusively so appears to me a very sweeping generalisation. Are all women sensitive creatures? What do you do with women who are not wired in a way to be intuitive? There is an enormous pressure placed on women who don't display those innate characteristics. To drive this a little further I find that a lot of men face similar pressure too. Have you come across people who call boys "girly"? While much of it might be assumed in good humour you can't but ignore the ghastly effect this has on people- almost always implicitly. Books like “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” by John Gray don’t help in this matter we are discussing.
    Do all "Women value communication, time…"? The same argument goes with this.
    What I am saying is that these issues are not black and white as some people would like them to be. I propose that these issues are more "organic". Perhaps, it is not a “gender” based discussion but a “value” based discussion we must be having!

    God bless.
  18. Homer Simpson! March 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM
    @ SAju!

    Yea man I kindaa get what ur trying to say but somewhat I feel that I have been a "little" misinterpreted. I mean I mentioned that Im not going to make any generalizations and yeah thats what I tried. The points where I mention "Women" aint no generalizations....Yeah they arent..It was just that I prefer not to mention names of women right here...The only one which ive specified is my Mom :)
    So all the stuff written above has definitely been my observation in some women or the other and arent assumptions or generalizations.

    I hope you get my point of view wherein Im trying to say that putting up names of women/girls wudnt look nice..

    Ps: I really appreciate your point of view and your sincere efforts. And would like to see further correspondence.

    CHeers!
  19. a new philosopher is born March 24, 2008 at 9:51 PM
    hey i have often found women lot simpler than that...they are just yet another human being. dont think too much into how to act or speak to them ..they are like u and me....homo sapien ....thats all.....
  20. Homer Simpson! March 24, 2008 at 10:05 PM
    @ Above!

    Yea I completely agree..But see If you are asked that what do u think about so and so..then you cant simply say that yea he/she is no more than a homo sapien and yeah thats it!

    Theres more to understanding men and women than just being homo sapiens.

    CHeerS!
  21. Saju Muthalaly March 24, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    I see. I get ya. Bless you!
  22. Tina March 26, 2008 at 5:41 PM
    Outstanding..thoughtful and i love the way u write and ur post blow this is remarkable

    kudos to u

    WR
    Tee
  23. vanilla sky March 26, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    nice observations with some wonderful thoughts!
  24. kanika March 27, 2008 at 12:49 AM
    mast hay bhai...its rocking..
  25. Viraj March 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM
    u r right abt some women...but thn cant say the same for all of thm.

    but i totally agree to it ven u say tht the moment u find ur mom in ur gf, thts ven u feel truly blessed.

    but u might like this post of mine:

    http://virajgupta.blogspot.com/2008/03/mid-semester-break-just-got-over.html
  26. dhwani March 28, 2008 at 12:02 AM
    dude...beautiful blog!
    very very involving
  27. Dipti March 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM
    many women will agree with all that you wrote. i was nodding along. congratulations! you understand women!
  28. Lena March 28, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    thats an amazing post on women!
    i wish all men could read it and implement this knowledge in life!
  29. پريانکا March 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM
    I was smiling thru out ..hah!!
    you know the tactics :P
  30. Matangi Mawley March 28, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    a good post! it was nice the way u've put it down!
  31. پريانکا March 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM
    I really like ur blog template..! :)
  32. Homer Simpson! March 28, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    @ dipti!

    I guess understanding women is a compliment o wat!
    :P

    @ lena!

    yea prolly that was the purpose of my post!

    @ above :P
    Thanx!
    I just wish that It was a bit less fussy! I had this really bad time getting it into shape!
  33. manorath March 30, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    hats off to u man.... i think u wil impress many girls with this post..:p.. good job
  34. Dragon March 31, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    nice post there dude..nicely balanced..
  35. Matty March 31, 2008 at 11:58 PM
    Woooooh..

    I guess u did hell lot of research to write this..

    Understanding WOMEN...

    Well..
    I believe only in one thing..
    they are the most beautiful thing GOD created..
    and..
    There is nothing more intresting to write about women..

    Nice Post
  36. Homer Simpson! April 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM
    @ matty!

    Dude...I certainly don't second:

    "I believe only in one thing..
    they are the most beautiful thing GOD created..
    and..
    There is nothing more intresting to write about women.."

    I mean yes we surely write about women but then there are loads of other stuff which I find more interesting than women (i.e. about writing stuff).
  37. Sid April 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM
    nice post dude..u write well.keep up
  38. unpretentious_diva April 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM
    lol

    women are a group of individual human.
  39. Dina April 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    oops... seems u hav done a phd man... it was like reading a thesis where facts are stated n conclusion are drawn eventually...

    definitely a gud one !!!
  40. Barathsingh April 3, 2008 at 12:08 AM
    Even this goes well with men! Many!
    There are lot of men, who have those "values" you mentioned, and you cant tel it "girly" features!

    Not all women are like what you said!

    Agree at certain points (referring abt "Mom")...Disagree on many (esp abt those gf's n things..i personally feel so!)!!

    Anwayz!
    I read other posts too!
    Awesome :)
  41. Homer Simpson! April 3, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    @ Barath...

    I reall really think that U got it all wrong man...Lemme cut my explanation in parts

    "Even this goes well with men! Many!
    There are lot of men, who have those "values" you mentioned, and you cant tel it "girly" features!"

    I never said that these traits belong ONLY to women..Its just that I was writing about women and I had to write these,,In now way I mean that men are inferior or for that matter men cannot have these virtues.

    you said: "Not all women are like what you said!"

    I think you failed to notice the beginning...I said and I quote:

    "This post is not filled with generalizations, but observations that I've made and scribbled down over the last few years.I'm pointing out what I have observed, what I've seen with the married couples around."

    I am not talking about all the women in the world..I am too inferior to talk about all of them. Wherever in my post I say "Women"...I mean these women close to me...Whom I know personally...

    I guess I made myself clear :-)

    CHeers!
  42. Barathsingh April 4, 2008 at 1:10 AM
    Oh! Alryt!

    Am...Clear wid your points now! :)

    So?

    Shd i take note? or Bookmark? Am in between of what ya mentiond! :|

    "Betrayed-Single!" :P lol

    Cheerz Anyway!
    keep up your work.

    and Guess, you din have patience to read my post..amidst those
    explanation you whr eagerly giving! :(
  43. Arwindh April 24, 2008 at 1:56 PM
    wonderfully put in words...
    i agree with all thats been said..
    great style too...
  44. poornima April 25, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    haha!
    thank you!:):)
    you're my brand-new superstar!
    :-p

    *hugs*
  45. Ash D April 25, 2008 at 2:14 PM
    hmm thats a lot of info.. hmm nice.. :D
  46. unpretentious_diva April 25, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    better try to understand that an Individual is above gender understandings, and yep I feel you understand that.
  47. huzefa May 6, 2008 at 9:10 PM
    I will do the same as C r d
  48. Dream Runner May 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM
    well jus one thought if a guy cld do most of it or all of what u said...he wouldnt be a guy!!

    could be even better had you not used those cliches!!
    but nice:)
  49. Comfortably Numb May 8, 2008 at 2:03 AM
    Hey..I replied back on to your blog :)

    First of all thanks...
    But I kindaa am confused about what you said..If I remember correctly I am not asking guys to do stuff for women or for that matter guys to do anything..Im just talking about what I think about women..And points that I observed..if at all I said that women need attention and anything on those lines...It wazsnt meant to say that guys need to do that...its just that it was an observation....

    and yea please elaborate on the "cliche" part :P
    I would love to hear back from you :)

    Cheers!
  50. Dream Runner May 8, 2008 at 12:54 PM
    Well I had no intentions to confuse...those where the observations I made from your observations...lol
    But this can be really long discussion…so lets not tread dat path here:)

    By ‘clichés’ I mean to say that (since deep inside I a’int a feminist) the gender specific generalizations some what did not go well with me coz I have read that in umpteen no. of books that (women are from Venus after all:P)so i dint get to hear anything new...
    But yes as a typical girl would say :- its nice to hear good things in good words from the opposite sex!!:)appreciated!:P

    Cheers then n blog on:)
  51. Comfortably Numb May 8, 2008 at 3:29 PM
    HE he he!
    Here ya go again...I know this can be a long argument but then...Im glad that I made "GENDER" specific generalization and not just simple baseless generalizations...I mean atleast I think so :P

    Well I know its nice to hear "encouraging" stuff from the opposite sex but still in my mind you fail to make a point...Coz I never intended to get nomianted for bookers prize for writing something amazing and fresh and new..I guess I have other posts for that...LMAO...But yea this post had stuff which is in a number of books around but then most of those books talk about what men need to do after making observations..and I just talk about what I know of women and for that IO dont need to do anything extra!

    Cheers then :P
    and yea Ill keep blogging :)
  52. Dream Runner May 8, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    hahaha...:P

    have u been to a bschool??

    whats LMAO btw??:(:P
  53. freeflowingsalt May 14, 2008 at 10:41 AM
    hehehe. 52 comments. 52 women telling you they love you. haha.

    But honestly, it's a little more complicated than that. And a little more difficult in practice... no? :)

    I like reading your stuff .. so...

    Keep writing,you're onto something =)
  54. Comfortably Numb May 14, 2008 at 3:21 PM
    And yea one of my friends keeps telling me that its only me who writes all these comments and I own all these profiles :X

    And he also visualises running into my room while im writing comments on my own blog :|
  55. freeflowingsalt May 14, 2008 at 9:18 PM
    haha. That might be our mutual friend there. =P it sounds like him.

    anyway, Fsrhang directed me to your blog sometime back, and I've been reading since. :)
  56. Loulou Q. May 15, 2008 at 1:57 AM
    Lovely article!!

    But never say that you know everything about women!!!

    Anyway, you were right about women in this article XD!!
  57. freeflowingsalt May 15, 2008 at 12:44 PM
    haha. Are you sad that you lost out on one small little comment among the zillion you get? :P.

    And he does so read your blog! He told me which posts to read to! erhm.. I'm not sure if 'm supposed to tell you that though. haha.
  58. Charu May 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    WoW...Guess u hve known women pretty well hmm...
  59. Umme Salma Kandoriwala May 22, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    tooo good...grt goin guy...u deserve a nice spouse [;)]
  60. Soul-Talkin May 23, 2008 at 12:52 AM
    :)
    Nice..Very nice...Esp since it comes from a man...To be honest, the time factor does not rank somewhere on top of my expectations list, because I enjoy my space..but yes communication, respect are critical...
    I loved your closing!!!
  61. Shop Girl* May 28, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    I know there are already a million comments on this post, but I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this post. Thank you for sending me the link!
  62. Pranay June 5, 2008 at 3:02 PM
    ahh.. this post would certainly have got you much accolades especially from the ladies...

    dude.. my initial perceptions abt u are shattered! after reading those senti poems and now this.. i think u are quite a sensitive guy at heart who likes to throw his hert open...
    its all evident from your posts..

    and this was one of your best...
    why dont you give this to the newspapers and femina-esqe magazines! they'll love it!

    and i entirely agree with you.. but u know.. i also think that at times, women do get carried away with their feelings.. and dont really care about the practical aspects..
    but at the end of the day, we love the quintessential girl - caring, sensitive, a little far from practicality, and one who thinks all her dreams are for real and infact strives to actually make them real.
    Thats what makes them soo beautiful.

    but m still thinking abt that bit - "when you find ur mom in ur gf, thats d day u wanna marry her"..
    i must say it has set my bells ringing and thinking!
    One thngs for sure... the day my gf learns to cook like my mom, m ready to walk the aisle with her! :p :p
  63. Comfortably Numb June 5, 2008 at 5:05 PM
    LOl I know what you mean..But I must confess that I myself never knew that I'll be writing poems and specailyl romance..But then I though I wasnt good at it..So took it up..and Im glad that you guys like it..And my blog will be back to its normal self with a mixed bag of poetry and text...All this time I was deliberately writing poetry :P

    Newspapers...lol...Yea but I wont kick it back if someone gives me a freelancing oppurtunity....lol over ambitious..eh??:P

    Thanks a lot man..And yea I heardya...The next time I post..It wont be a poetry..:P

    Cheers!
  64. Where thoughts are Word$ July 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM
    Applauds to this amazing and exceptionally realistic article!!!!

    Extraordinary !!!!!

    :)
  65. Sandeep Balan July 9, 2008 at 2:28 PM
    the post seems soaked with experience...he he..good one..
  66. RINZU SUSAN RAJAN July 11, 2008 at 10:15 PM
    something thotfula about women...!!!
    really gr8888 post........
  67. Tairebabs July 19, 2008 at 12:08 PM
    am appaulding this post. You soooooo got it right! My first time here and am loving it.
  68. arte July 19, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    wow. someone's true abt 'women' nice analysis. im defintely showing this post to my frens, specially those, who think girls talk too much, show to much emotion blah blah thing (which is true too) but guys just cant figure out why its like that! birdbrains! :D nah,kidding :)
  69. Amjad... July 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    Homer Simpson > Oprah Winfrey \m/
  70. Dame Folle July 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM
    I find this post very insightful. Most of the things I agree with, and a few things I don't. Anyhow, I feel like you seem to be asking a lot from men to be with a woman. Shouldn't we keep it simple and straight instead of complicating things?
    Sensible post, anyhow.
  71. Comfortably Numb July 31, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    @ dame:

    lol...I really have never asked a man or a woman about how to be with woman. If you would have read the post carefully and some of the comments..then I'm sure you would have read that this post is about the observations I made in the women around me...And not the things I have got from men on how to conduct :P

    Thanks for reading :)

    Cheers!
  72. alex paul k August 4, 2008 at 1:38 AM
    very very well put
    wish i cud by heart it ...lol
  73. 'j' October 15, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    Ok.. i don't think any body will think ure a feminist ot anti fem.. or blah blah.. very well writtn.

    P.S.I loved your blog... you have worked on lil details... and the captions.. like the [C]rappers.. [y didn't i think of that]
  74. Gunjan August 31, 2009 at 11:02 AM
    Interesting interesting thought!!!

    Most posts i have read about women just go on ranting about how they are complex and hard to manage but the first where someone made an attempt to understand them and surprisingly appreciate and accept it!
    interesting
  75. Misty September 19, 2009 at 12:21 AM
    Very well written..
    A very interesting read..

Something to say?