Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

On Mother's Day....

Category: , , , By Homer Simpson!

Mothers, because they are the best ever.

To you I owe my existence and all my success.
Every thing's for you. Each rupee, every pence
You are the reason I walk, I talk, I think, I see,
You were A mother the second time when I came
And I was the child that I will always want to be
Your extreme parsimony which still amazes me
Parsimony not in love but in hatred and disgust

You blew away my mistakes, all as a puff of smoke
Me being incorrigible, but never found lack of love
The invaluable time you spent on me as a mother
I never aim to pay it back 'cause I never will be able to
Those priceless tears, the never failing love and devotion
They were never unnoticed. I admire you. I love you.
You adopted my fears, healed pain and wiped my tears
To me you are the bible of forgiveness. Big and small

Couldn't have asked for more generousness from you
Can never pay you back. Neither I'm capable, nor will I try
To this ordinary child who wouldn't even love you back
The warmth you gave, the way no one ever did and will
The huge sacrifice when you quit on those small things
Those elements of happiness all which you deserved
You are my teacher, my Idol, my encourager, my strength
I wish to shower millions to stop every tear that rolls down

With numb eyes when I look at you thinking about the care
The enduring patience, the treasure of wisdom, my cushion.
Being with you for all these years. Those afternoons in your lap
I will miss this when I go away. When you set me free from you
When you set me free to chase my dreams. You thought twice
First for me and then for the rest of them. Never for yourself
I wish you, A Happy Mothers day to express my love back
Which at maximum is little compared to your motherly love.

I read this somewhere: "A mother is a women who pretends like she never was fond of the pie when there are only 4 pie's for 5 people."
 

61 comments so far.

  1. Arun Kumar May 11, 2008 at 11:24 AM
    You wrote this yourself...??
    its really good man...a bit too melodramic...but fits my taste..

    "You adopted my fears, healed pain & wiped my tears
    To me you are the bible of forgiveness. Big and small"

    for me those were the best lines...

    good goin...write more....
  2. Viraj May 11, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    nice one dude... but y did u write this:

    To this ordinary child who wouldn't even love you back ????

    true tht v wont b able to repay anything tht mom gave us but still v all love our moms. isnt it?

    n i can bet my bottom dollar tht everyone wud say tht his mom is 'THE BEST' :)

    cheers


    http://virajgupta.blogspot.com/
  3. sourav May 11, 2008 at 1:40 PM
    really nice man......!!
    these lines are the best....
    [i]You blew away my mistakes, all as a puff of smoke
    Me being incorrigible but never found lack of love
    The invaluable time you spent on me as a mother
    I never aim to pay it back coz I never will be able to

    keep it up :)
  4. Comfortably Numb May 11, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    @ Arun: yea man wrote it :P Just like all of my poems..:P...Well yea with the awesome childhood and the huge ammounts of love i've received I don't deny the fact that its melodramatic and yes it was bound to be melodramatic:)
    Cheers!

    @Viraj: well this line "To this ordinary child who wouldn't even love you back" refers to the way in which my love was a penny as compared to billions of love portions that I got :)

    And yea I toldcha "Everyone says that My mom is the best in the world. I don't say that. Wont say that ever. I say My mom is the best mom the world will ever see. Neither there has been a better mom in the past. Nor there will be in the future!"

    Cheers!

    @Sourav: Thanks man! Thanks a ton
    Cheers!

    Whoa three cheers :P
  5. Tina May 11, 2008 at 2:21 PM
    Fantastic...BRilliant piece of poetry...i wanted to quote my fav line but i m findin it a bit hard to do coz every word evry line is written so well...keep it up

    Cheers
    Tee
  6. Rashi V May 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM
    Wow....At least Mothers' day brings a sensitive side to this brat !!!


    Brilliant!! :)

    Did you show it to your mom? Or is it just for the blog??
  7. Gagan May 11, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    very nice !!really!! keep posting !!!
  8. sandeep mt May 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    cheers...
    happy mothers day to all loving mother
  9. IT Buddy May 11, 2008 at 6:42 PM
    nice poem on mothers day !!



    check this one too : its not a poem ., but just a wish !!
    http://mohanitguy.blogspot.com/2008/05/happy-mothers-day.html
  10. C R D May 11, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    apt poem for mothers' day man...all of us take our moms for granted
  11. Dan* May 12, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    very nice thinking !!
  12. karthik May 12, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    nice poemm..gr8
  13. MiLeS tO gO bFoRe I sLeEp.....!!!!!!! May 13, 2008 at 1:50 AM
    well its pretty nicer too....just 4 d fact dt dese words seem to come straight frm yer heart...n nethin dt one writes wid genuine feelings is bound to come out very well...well keep writing wid s same spirit...

    if u wish...u san take a luk at my oder posts too...god bless u n yer mum 4 bringin u up so well....
  14. MiLeS tO gO bFoRe I sLeEp.....!!!!!!! May 13, 2008 at 1:59 AM
    yeah...your wish's granted sir...kiddin:-)....was just radin yer blog only....intersting stuff..must say...
  15. Rinaya May 13, 2008 at 2:20 AM
    Nicely Done
  16. MayYouSeeNothing May 13, 2008 at 3:24 AM
    your poem is so good :)
    and thanks for the comment you left me!
  17. Abhishek May 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    U r rite that "never say that My Mom is best Mom the world will ever see. Neither there has been a better mom in past, nor in the future..."
    waah meri jaan!!! kudos
    I love it, nd m sure tune aunty ko ye dikhaya hoga:)
    She'll b very proud of u...
    keep it up.


    cheers!!!
    AJ
  18. brocasarea May 13, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    happy mothers day:)
  19. Joshua Haywood May 14, 2008 at 12:06 AM
    solidddd!!!!
    but very emotional....at times anyway...
    Something wrong?

    Anyway thanks for hitting up my site.

    Cheers!

    www.joshuahaywood.ca
  20. Lunar Essence May 14, 2008 at 12:11 AM
    Wow. I'm not usually fond of poems but this was very beautiful. And loved the quote at the end. Good job :)
  21. Nabila Zehra Zaidi May 14, 2008 at 3:57 AM
    As I read on... my eyes became wet and I could have cried when I read the last quote.

    Shit!!

    Mum is the best word and the most perfect creation of God!

    You expressed it so beautifully and the thought that I most loved was, that you don't even want to pay her back, because we are actually not capable of doing that. :)
  22. andrewpelago May 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM
    Deep thoughts you got there, Homer! WOOHOO! =)
  23. Loulou Q. May 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM
    Hey!!!
    Love the poem about your mother!

    I love my mom very much, unfortunatly i can't show her this (she doesn't speak english).

    Well, i still can translate it but it will sound really weird in arabic ^^ lol.

    Anyway, you're good!

    loubna
  24. stephan May 17, 2008 at 8:27 PM
    good work
  25. Dragon May 17, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    well u have lived upto ur reputation once again dude..

    dats a nice one..keep blogging
  26. Pranay May 17, 2008 at 11:31 PM
    its so unreal how the hardest of beings can melt like butter when it comes to their mother! (hey it rhymed!!)
    no seriously.. i dont mean that u r 'hard' or sumtng!! but generally.. i feel mom is one person for whom one can never ever express feelings in its entirity... one falls in love with every facet of hers.. so much so that its difficlt to describe ur feelings for her..

    but u out ur feelings brilliantly to words.. it has that child-like charm and warmth..
    ohh.. i love u mom!

    btw, i luvd these lines:
    "With numb eyes when I look at you thinking about the care
    The enduring patience, the treasure of wisdom, my cushion
    Being with you for all these years. Those afternoons in your lap
    I will miss this when I go away. Wen you set me free from you"
  27. Hellbound. May 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    heylo.cherry antacids?seriously.btw, that wasnt rakhi sawant,as in THE rakhi sawant v'r talking abt here..jus an amazingly clever friend hu can imitate rakhi to the hilt.
    i liked the poem,but a lil too omg,MOMMMA! for me.getty getty?
  28. Charu May 19, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    SuperB piece f poetry...
  29. WeirdiSgooD May 20, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    "You adopted my fears, healed pain & wiped my tears"

    Very well written.

    You love your mama , there's still hope for you yet, cherry !

    Cheers.
  30. manorath May 20, 2008 at 6:20 PM
    and u became an emo kid now.. i gonna use this poem for my mom and i dont care bout the copyrights!!
  31. Umme Salma Kandoriwala May 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    Its beautiful...no words to express how wonderful it was to read it.[:)]
  32. پريانکا May 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM
    wonderfull!!
  33. پريانکا May 23, 2008 at 9:22 PM
    In the end.. quote is not written by you :P
  34. lonelyreddevil May 25, 2008 at 1:21 AM
    Really nice article !
    My favourite part is "A mother is a woman who pretends she was never fond of the pie when......"
    Really good words, mate ! So true about mothers !
  35. Sophiagurl May 25, 2008 at 2:15 PM
    wow! that was certainly very heart warming. Did you let your mom read it? I bet this will make her heart warm all over.

    Lovely read. and thank you for visiting, hope to see you back =)
  36. Benji May 26, 2008 at 11:56 PM
    I read this somewhere: "A mother is a women who pretends like she never was fond of the pie when there are only 4 pie's for 5 people."

    That quote opened my eyes even more to the sacrifices my mom made through the years!
  37. MAN IN PAINTING May 27, 2008 at 11:11 AM
    very good.You are a very good writer."bible of forginveness"was good.keep posting.
    best wishes.
    Visit MAN IN PAINTING when you get time.
  38. arjun May 27, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    So true and nice....
    U already have a tower of comments..nothin left for me to say...

    Keep writing..

    Cheers..!!
    Arjun
  39. GarGi Dixit May 27, 2008 at 2:08 PM
    It is lovely and nice.
    May be it is the best write up in this blog which I truly enjoyed.

    Thanks for composing it!
  40. Pratee May 28, 2008 at 8:54 PM
    "Those priceless tears, the never failing love & devotion" No mother means joy and happiness. I hate it when people relate mothers with tears. For me mother means peace and joy. Well that is my 2 cents. Don't take any offense.
  41. Sandeep Balan May 28, 2008 at 9:25 PM
    great going man!! u write really well dude!
  42. Comfortably Numb May 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM
    @ pratee...
    relating tears to mothers!!
    Its not about me shedding tears coz of my mom..Its the mothers who shed tears..and its after all not written to be taken in the literal sense but has to be taken in the emotional point of view :)

    thanks!

    @ sandeep..thanks man!
  43. void_spaces May 28, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    well a good poem but i found it a lil too long ..! otherwise the first few lines of the poem are really good !
  44. tejasvitas May 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM
    yes yes I agree east or west mimi is the best!!
  45. Comfortably Numb May 29, 2008 at 3:39 PM
    Oye thanku hai hero :P
    Tu bhi koi best se kam thodi hai
  46. Anonymous May 29, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    Thats sweet. Reminded me a lot of my own mom.

    http://www.wifemotherlover.com
  47. jayant May 30, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    Amazing piece of work man!
    We all feel the same for our mothers but to put that down to words in this manner is something I've never read before..
    I'll link your blog to mine shortly!
  48. stephan June 3, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    hey well written bro

    hats off to u
    cant imagine writing one like that

    good
  49. stephan June 7, 2008 at 3:13 PM
    this is really good yaar


    too happy for this

    btw congrats for the half century of comments for this post
  50. .a. June 8, 2008 at 1:09 AM
    we love our mothers, who wouldnt :)
    you know i had been wondering for sometime that the generation of our mothers are that of super-moms!
    they perfectly love/cuddle/nourishes/cares/nurse us and everything else as well, mash-Allah.
    women of my/our generation are not good mothers, ch.
    we're luckier.

    i thoroughly enjoyed the poem and else.


    ps. tell me how to get rid of the word verification?
  51. terminalrant June 30, 2008 at 4:36 PM
    Aweee..That is a very touching post and I can see why it has received 50 odd comments and rightly so.

    I think what you wrote is something that all of us know and feel in our heart of heart but somehow never end up letting our Mums know..

    Did you read it out to her? I would love to know how she reacted!!!
  52. rinzu July 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM
    a perfect one for all the mommies...

    she is the representative of god on earth...!!!
  53. alex paul k July 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    wow!!! any mom wud luv it
  54. Nidhi July 18, 2008 at 11:21 PM
    awesome piece. i loved it
  55. poonam August 2, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    this one is awesome. keep it up.
  56. GAGAN GABA August 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    what a deep thought ....!!! nice work. blessings....:)
  57. GAGAN GABA August 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    what a deep thought ....!!! nice work. blessings....:)
  58. GAGAN GABA August 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    what a deep thought ....!!! nice work. blessings....:)
  59. prIncEss October 23, 2008 at 1:43 PM
    It's true.. :
    "A mother is a women who pretends like she never was fond of the pie when there are only 4 pie's for 5 people."


    I like your blog Mr. Numb !
  60. Free-Fallin' November 10, 2008 at 3:16 PM
    i beg to differ with the earlier comments.its not too melodramatic, its not too emotional....its simply perfect! one mom in particular must be really proud! lucky mom!
  61. Kegmaster February 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    Prozac & cocain

Something to say?