Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

Crush Re-invented!

By Homer Simpson!



From a premature "Crush" to a relatively mature "Crush".


Drive in: A sequel to one of my older posts "This Crush". Try to relate the Her and the Him parts with each other and with the older post. Read the prequel if you haven't. Its not all fiction but I've tried to portray the proceedings in the relationship.


Her: Three years gone amidst coffee and the smokes
and I’m still as gawky as you once accused me to be
beneath your concrete gaze and around your deep figment
reminiscing the clumsy chronologies and the passion.
You and me. Not half a cup gone, between inquisition
I’m spilling the drinks,the beans, myself into your lap;
I’m mixing up pronouns, smelling up the infatuation into
Marveling upon how time smoothed out the grooves between....


Him: Time gone & The glass door shielding us against the world
Still Erect. Still Spotless. Still Virgin. Still Narcissistic.
The delusion wouldn't leave and The infatuation still hypnotizes me
Seductive shivers.Oppressive claims.Deep breaths.Clueless me.Flawless you
Those brushes, the blushes and the claims procreate a resounding thud.
Get Ahead. Come back. Lean over. Look for me. I adore you. Reverence.
The memory cherished all over the heartfelt three years still dwells
The fleeting speculation has gone astray. Reassuring "yes" sways away....


Her: ...How the famine of friction causes these slips of tongue and guard
With you it’s always a rainy evening with me tripping over my speech and my feet.
With you it’s always an easy silence as I fumble indefinitely for words and attention


Him: ...A monocratic crush. Long forgotten and extensively and genuinely profound
With you its been an unfeigned attraction with the purple faced sun shining on me
With you its been contrary to something as awkward as Neon Paper and Crushed Ice.


 

97 comments so far.

  1. Rashi V July 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM
    I like !!! :)

    I loved this line
    "Reassuring "yes" sways away...."

    Maybe since you are a guy, the guy's part was a little more convincing atleast to me! Feelings were expressed damn well!

    Keep it up :)
  2. Comfortably Numb July 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM
    @ rashi
    Thanks a lot :)
    Yea even the male was more dominant in the previous post so it had to be a little more expressive compared to the female one :)

    CHeers!
  3. terminalrant July 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    Brilliant train of thought. I thoroughly enjoyed trailing along.

    But you know what I like best? Those short sentences. Sometimes as short as just a word.I dont know if it was a conscious effort but it look so fluid and ya it complemented the idea.

    Like Rashi said, yes the guy definitely seemed more convincing, nonetheless this is yet another brilliant post from you..

    USP? Hmmmm..Its abstract minus the ambiguity and the flips of abstract writing. Me likey!!! :)
  4. Arun Kumar July 1, 2008 at 5:40 PM
    wow...really good writing man...
    especially your use of adjectives was sparkling...
    very lively man...
    i love this sorta writing..
  5. rinzu July 1, 2008 at 5:42 PM
    abstract yet original...!!!

    good use of words...enjoyed...

    :)
  6. Comfortably Numb July 1, 2008 at 5:48 PM
    @ terminal rant!
    Yes it was a conscious effort. And I must admit that it takes a lot of thinking and a lot of time. But then its not in vain if you guys like it :) Thanks

    @ arun
    Thanks a lot man.

    @ rinzu
    THanks a lot...
  7. Venkat July 1, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    heyy it was great to read!! nice style of writing! keep writing.. :)
  8. The Solitary Writer. July 1, 2008 at 10:49 PM
    a complete different style of writing...i liked reading it

    good one
  9. Harsh July 2, 2008 at 2:16 PM
    nicely written man..
  10. PSYCHO July 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    I’m mixing up pronouns, smelling up the infatuation into


    brilliant :)
  11. MAN IN PAINTING July 2, 2008 at 6:46 PM
    it is just the beginning..continue writing the same theme...it will change its colour each day....
    i loved your post..
    wishes...
  12. Anindita July 2, 2008 at 6:51 PM
    Your writing has a very ethereal and yet earthy feel to it. Your expressions are superb, though I kind of agree with Rashi, the guy's part was more convincing than the girl's. But you have captured the scene brilliantly. Very well written! :)
  13. M.k@rtheek reddy July 2, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    hey.....ur words are very smart in the topic....keep going


    Cheers :)
  14. Comfortably Numb July 2, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    @venkat: thanks!

    @solitary: Thanks!

    @ harsh: Thanks!

    @psycho: I like that line too :P
    Cheers!

    @maninpainting: I will try to do that
    Thanks!
    Cheers!

    @anindita: Thanks. I will try to work on the balance next time. But as I said it was a deliberate attempt to keep the female part a bit subdued.

    @kartheek: Thanks :)
  15. alex paul k July 3, 2008 at 12:24 AM
    hey it is really different style f writin....
    brilliant!!
  16. Unpretentious Diva July 3, 2008 at 7:28 AM
    thats the best part...

    With you its been contrary to something as awkward as Neon Paper and Crushed Ice.
  17. Tejas Lakhani July 3, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    nicely written.

    nice post.

    keep it up.
  18. poonam July 3, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    done beautifully..


    good wrk..

    http://blog.poonamparihar.com
  19. C R D July 3, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    hey nice one man.lovely

    actually, i think nowadays its the females whore more confident, and know what they want, and how to get it too..

    and we see guys getting too emo nowadays.

    so mebbe..just mebbe the dialogues cud be interchanged as well :P

    cheers
    ChRiS
  20. Comfortably Numb July 3, 2008 at 2:03 PM
    @ chris: was it whore or was it who are ?! ROFLLMAO
  21. Anonymous July 3, 2008 at 2:11 PM
    always been saying you are romantic writer,good going!
  22. Madhurima July 3, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    Brilliant ! the perfect dance of him and her.
  23. Comfortably Numb July 3, 2008 at 10:50 PM
    @ alex...thanks!

    @ diva...thanks!

    @ tejas..thanks!

    @poonam...thanks!

    PS: I wish you people could have been more elaborate..

    @dipasmita...thanks :P I knew this is you ...bwaahahahah

    @madhurima...thanks :)
  24. Sandeep Balan July 4, 2008 at 12:40 AM
    awesome read...great style of expressing the stuff...the real feeling brought forward with such finesse...impressed bro!!
  25. the walker July 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM
    hey thanks for the drop in man...
    and yes that one did not make a LOT of sense...
  26. D July 4, 2008 at 1:32 PM
    Thanks for appreciating the poem..
  27. Mihir July 4, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    your blog makes me go all tingly.
    the way your stomach goes in anticipation of doin something really good.
    Nice template, reassuring side columns, but the main thing is your posts.
    keep em rollin,n i'll keep comin.
    cheers!
  28. The Lover July 4, 2008 at 2:19 PM
    I loved this! you have a very unique style of writing!
  29. Pranay July 4, 2008 at 2:30 PM
    with each post, rather each piece of poetry, the passion is increasing..
    and i love it... you feel every bit of what u write.. and it all comes with such force at the reader, that it completely bowls him over.. thats the beauty of ur writng, especially ur poetry

    i simply love the way use short sentences :
    "The delusion wouldn't leave and The infatuation still hypnotizes me
    Seductive shivers.Oppressive claims.Deep breaths.Clueless me.Flawless you"
    I'd say, flawless YOU and ur poetry (ahh.. watever part of it i manage to grasp..)!
  30. Comfortably Numb July 4, 2008 at 4:49 PM
    @ sandeep..thanks a lot man :)

    @ walker... Thanks a lot:)

    @ d...you could have tried commenting on the post too...Anyway thanks :)

    @mihir...thanks :) Keep visiting :)

    @ lover...Thanks:)

    @pranay...Getting better never stops. And Im glad that you guys feel that im getting better. Thanks :)
  31. M.D.Vasanth July 5, 2008 at 12:10 AM
    great job man... keeep up de gud work.. cya!!
  32. UnpretentiousDiva July 5, 2008 at 9:05 PM
    ok its enough old.

    now you need to reinvent it.
  33. Shrey Gandhi July 6, 2008 at 3:11 PM
    nice work dude...keep it up...
  34. .a. July 6, 2008 at 4:46 PM
    Its so hard to believe that someone who's so young and fun like yourself! who worries about showarmas and abbreviation, and perfectly manages to appear superficial is actually so deep! shocking i must say.

    I told i have been randomly visiting your blog trying to find prose, because i thought my poetry sense is dead meat.. I also skipped it before because i wanted to read its first part before this, but today i just forgot and jumped in!

    *sigh* Lyrical, muscial perfect blend! how can you know the women side of emotions! I love cryptical short quips that hide in their laps deep secrets!! every word is perfectly jeweled in lines,

    "Get Ahead. Come back. Lean over. Look for me. I adore you. Reverence." wow!

    "ontrary to something as awkward as Neon Paper and Crushed Ice" !!

    the last line reminds me of a poem i read somewhere, see?

    "As improper as an ice-cream cone at a math symposium,
    Forbidden, like a game of hopscotch on the dining table.
    But that's why I adore you so, my guilty pleasure,"

    veo, you know what? you're amazing! really! I told you you're a guru.

    I'm a fan now :)

    -asbah
  35. Tarun July 7, 2008 at 12:35 AM
    nice blog re..gud wrk ..
  36. Prashanth Nagaraj July 7, 2008 at 12:46 AM
    Hey gud one bro..
    keep goin....!!
  37. Tarun July 7, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    [):]
  38. Chintan Patel July 7, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    "spilling myself in ur lap" was impressive...
  39. Comfortably Numb July 7, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    @ md vasanth..Thanks a lot man

    @diva... I think your comments are getting absurd day by day.

    @shrey...thanks :)

    @asbah... Thanks :) lol yea I know...Im very different on my blog..a little serious me...Thank you again

    @tarun..thanks :)

    @prashanth...thanks :)

    @tarun...thanks:)

    @chintan..thanks :)
  40. Preetam Adwani July 7, 2008 at 5:08 PM
    very well return!!!
    loved it
  41. .a. July 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM
    I like you the little serious you, you know.

    But then, this world will be so dull without a *Rocka* in it..
  42. S Ramanathan July 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM
    wow! one good writer you are! i love this kind of writing, specially when i am in the mood to read... good good.. keep writing!!
  43. S Ramanathan July 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM
    hey, replying to ur comment on my blog...as u read it, i am a part time journo. there are definetly better journalists to go to for a PR pitch! :) .. i am a freelancer... no way someone ll take something like that from me....sorry! and thanks anyway for the offer ;) .. lol.. cya!
  44. jodifur July 7, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    I like it!!!

    Thanks for your comment on jodifur.
  45. Mihir July 8, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    wens your NEXT one comin along?
  46. Vipul July 8, 2008 at 5:58 PM
    superb skill of writing.. keep it up.. m gonna follow this blog from now..
  47. Dan* July 8, 2008 at 9:54 PM
    wow this poetry is very different from others .............u got ur own style dude loved the way u use the adjectives :)
  48. Comfortably Numb July 8, 2008 at 10:01 PM
    @preetam: Thanks :)

    @asbah: How I wish I had the control over which "Kushal" will come up and talk to you :P

    @ramanathan: thanks :)

    @jodifur: thanks :)

    @mihir: Ummm Idk...depends...But yeah for sure you can comment on other posts too :)

    @vipul: Thanks and keep dropping in!

    @dan: Thanks :)
  49. a million different people July 9, 2008 at 1:07 AM
    Smooth. Me like :)

    They fit.
  50. Hashan Hazarika July 9, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    Good use of words..nicely written
    keep posting!!
  51. vanilla sky July 9, 2008 at 9:48 AM
    Had read the prequel before.

    This one is equally good.
    The concept of presentation is really unique.
  52. Ps July 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM
    Hi there,
    Thanks for dropping in.
    I read this and read the prequel too.
    Do you paint?
    Cheers
    Preeti (just a mother of two)
  53. Comfortably Numb July 9, 2008 at 11:36 AM
    @ million...thanks :)

    @hashan...thanks :)

    @vanilla..thanks...I know youve been here..I was just reading the comments and reaching back to almost everyone who has been on my blog :)

    @ps: I used to paint but the canvas and me have been on seperate ways for long. If youre asking this cos of the photo then Im sure you must have read that its for you guys to paint the animated discussion if at all I made you visualize :)

    Cheers!
  54. *Mandy* July 9, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    very very cool :D
  55. mindbodysoul July 9, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    To get this posting sent to an elite group of 1250 registered members each day, consider competing (by submitting) for the top voted spot at www.newzly.com - good luck !
  56. ray July 9, 2008 at 5:11 PM
    Hi ,

    I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘««««Cherry Flavoured Antacids»»»»’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

    BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

    This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

    Cheers,
  57. Divita July 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM
    er...was is supposed to sound ironic?? coz it did to me. :|

    and comfortably numb's my blog's tag line.. :) that's what brought me to ur blog in the first place.
  58. Divita July 10, 2008 at 10:35 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  59. Divita July 10, 2008 at 10:36 PM
    i liked the prequel more than this one.
    yeh poems are subjective. i believe sharing my interpretation would either dishearten u for being incoherent with yours or would be similar. ll hope for the best!

    why do the two of them sound hesitant?? thats what i think of it, its ironical that both of them love each other but are playing safe and not opening up completely. huh??

    if not the latest post, i'd be glad if u did justice to my poems. :)
  60. Divita July 10, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    er, since we are talking abt ur post, can we keep the discussion recorded on ur comment section? as it suits u.

    and er...whats wrong in being sexually attracted to a woman? anyways, good work!
  61. Comfortably Numb July 11, 2008 at 12:10 AM
    Oh yea for sure. We can keep it here...See the thing is not that there is something wrong in being sexually attracted. But what is insane, weird and wrong is the context in which it was said. Who in the world writes a poem about City life and all those griefs while feeling some sorta attraction. Im sure that sympathy towards a women isnt sexual attraction !
    isnt it?
  62. Divita July 11, 2008 at 2:36 AM
    heehee yeah... city life n women naah!
  63. Comfortably Numb July 11, 2008 at 2:49 PM
    I hope you got the point :)
    Not even remotely connected :P
  64. Farzi Bhushan July 11, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    You have a unique writing style n u seem to be highly imaginative...

    Whatever u have written, i cud easily visualize that.

    keep rockin'
  65. Abhinav Viswambharan July 11, 2008 at 10:12 PM
    I am not saying this just for the sake of it, but it is the first time I am coming across such a style of writing. It indeed is refreshing. Emotional yet very precise.

    Liked it to the core. :)
  66. *~* Dipti *~* July 12, 2008 at 12:52 AM
    interesting stuff
  67. Comfortably Numb July 12, 2008 at 2:10 AM
    @ mandy...thanks :)

    @mind...Ill think about it. thanks

    @ray: Done! Thanks! :)

    @ farzi: Thanks :)

    @abhinav: muchly appreciated :) Thanks :)

    @dipti: Thanks :)
  68. the hobbit July 12, 2008 at 8:39 AM
    hi.....i was next up in the comment on the blg abv forum in bloggeratti.....well, god bless you!!!!!!....you made me read the poem twice so as to understand it.....long time since tht happened....gud one
  69. nefariousoutlook July 13, 2008 at 5:42 PM
    hey..brilliantly written ..emotions have been potrayed very well i must say...keep posting dude
  70. Raphael July 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM
    just one word for u-
    B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T!!

    I wonder if i will meet my third last crush anytime soon..u made me feel all whimsical with ur post.
  71. Comfortably Numb July 13, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    @ hobbit

    thanks a lot. Muchly appreciated:). Im glad that you read it twice. Yea I take anything as a compliment! LMAO

    @nefarious

    Thnaks a lot :)

    @raphael

    Thanks a lot :) Keep reading and I hope I come with with stuff worth reading :)
  72. Dr. Internet July 14, 2008 at 8:44 PM
    Gud job.
  73. Sandeep Balan July 14, 2008 at 8:53 PM
    hey man...july 1 was ur last post!! long time man.....post something supersoon bro!!
  74. Comfortably Numb July 14, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    @sandeep:

    I know man. I know that.:(
    But till then I think you can read some other posts. Or is it that you are thru with all my posts?
  75. Tarun July 14, 2008 at 9:10 PM
    wow ....gud wrk yarr bindas hay .
  76. Cinderella. July 15, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    "....Seductive shivers.Oppressive claims.....
    Get Ahead. Come back. Lean over. Look for me. I adore you. Reverence... Reassuring "yes" sways away...."

    These are some marvellous lines I have read in recent times !

    Beautiful imagination and a delicious way of puting them down to words....!!!!!!

    Awesome post !!!! I'm gonna be back here for more.

    Bravo !
  77. Comfortably Numb July 15, 2008 at 12:00 PM
    @ cinderella...

    Hey thanks a lot. And yes I hope to see you back here :)

    Cheers!
  78. Disguise July 15, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    I'm one of the truck load of people who like your blog.

    :)

    Cheers
  79. Roughalien July 15, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  80. Agnesian July 15, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    Cookiebuoy! I am overwhelmed by the intensity of this Crush.As we struggle to maintain a healthy perspective,I guess ultimately, it is better to act in accordance with our feelings.
    And it is making sense to me :P

    Cheers !
  81. gunj July 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM
    nice blog pal!:)
  82. *~*{Sameera}*~* July 15, 2008 at 9:31 PM
    Awesome imagery!

    Lovely piece of writing :)
  83. Unpretentious Diva July 15, 2008 at 9:55 PM
    Ok its extremely boring now.

    Write some new.
  84. ira July 16, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    Wow!
    Its very very good piece of writing! very interesting and so tastefully written..!
  85. Ilyas Kazi July 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    You are definitely male...

    Great thought!
  86. Comfortably Numb July 17, 2008 at 12:38 PM
    @ disguise...thanks :)

    @agnesian: niranzana woomans!!! Thanks for dropping in. Im gald tha its making atleast some sortta sense :)

    @gunj: thanks!

    @sameera: thanks!

    @unpretentious: STFUB! :x

    @ira: thanks a lot :)

    @ilyas: I was living in a doubt eversince :P...Thanks!

    Cheers!
  87. Amjad... July 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    Omg I couldn't understand. Someone please explain :/
  88. anurag July 21, 2008 at 9:06 AM
    Nothing left to write, everything is there on ur comment box!!
    CHao>>
  89. Amjad... July 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    That was very, umm, helpful.
    "Ciao" :/
  90. Comfortably Numb July 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM
    What was very helpful?!
  91. parth August 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM
    nice job...

    really nice
  92. anusha August 3, 2008 at 7:13 PM
    Ah!! i loove the way u write! the perfect words.. expressing the feelings without being loud! the subtlety is amazing! lie all your posts that i have read, this too is soo well written!! hats off!!
  93. Attila August 6, 2008 at 12:03 AM
    keep up the good work man.. nice to read such stuff.. makes you feel more awake..
  94. Comfortably Numb August 31, 2008 at 12:00 PM
    @parth:

    Thanks a lot dude.

    Cheers!
  95. Comfortably Numb August 31, 2008 at 12:01 PM
    @anusha:

    Thanks a lot. I am glad that you like it. It was a pleasure having you here.

    Cheers!!
  96. Comfortably Numb August 31, 2008 at 12:01 PM
    @attila:

    I am sure it keeps you awake ;)
    Thanks for reading. Come back :)

    Cheers!
  97. Free-Fallin' November 10, 2008 at 3:29 PM
    :-D....cute, man...

Something to say?