Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

Obscured Radiance....

Category: , By Homer Simpson!


Diamond, he
shone in the
lightlessness,
tears of ruby red
from the burnt and buried.
Metamorphosed; Turns
Glyptic.

Dancer, he
drowned in the dark and
dressed in stark obsidian.
Juicy steaks of love and pride
bartered for a bit of glimmer.
But that won’t pilfer his shine away.
Even the charcoal like onyx, can
Gleam.

Admirer, she
opens her mouth slightly.
Lets it leave a lingering kiss
on the inside of her dry lips.
Texture, the feel of human skin.
The feel of the city; the feel
of soft salty wind. Salt like
Blood.

Thieves, they
came to taste his light
and fumbled in his shadow.
He shimmered, refused to sparkle.
Amazed they were who strived and came to
see what might have been the symphony.
The flawless brilliance and the captivating
Ego.

Lovers, they
came to stay alight,
waiting for a bit of bright,
expecting him to mesmerize them,
to rejuvenate their squandered love.
But instead his shine grew weaker;
         he could not be their gem.
That night- it won. It sneered.
Dark horse, be warned –
Even in the dark he
shines.

Shadow, she
shall not steal away,
his eager soul without mercy.
White noise. Harsh light. Slight nuance.
Soft as silk. Greyshine.
Its contexture- A work of art.
Dare you stay and glimpse; His,
Heart?

Darkest diamond,
Beauty stark.


P.S: For quite some time I have been wanting to write something on the immaterial things. I know that I demand criticism and acquisitions when I say that a Diamond is immaterial. After all its just a smudge of Carbon. It's vain. This is what people resolve to when the affection isn't enough. I know that there is a counter-view to it which says that aren't all the luxuries in this world immaterial. I don't have an answer. Let me know if you have one..

 

105 comments so far.

  1. alex paul k September 7, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    though diamond is just a smudge of carbon d way carbon combines to form one f d most material symbol of love s amazing just like how u combine ur words to post some amazing posts....i tried hard 2 grasp it sentence by sentence,word by word but stil cudnt comprehend it completely....u r in a different league.....i dunno f all d luxuries in this world r immaterial...guess it depends on ur perception
  2. RiverSoul September 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    Let me be honest, Homer.
    I'm able to understand many things in your poem. But some parts went whoosh over my head.
    But what i do figure, is that the diamond is not perfect. Nobody is perfect.
    The diamond can cut glass. It can be the sharpest thing in the world, with a little help from a skilled jeweller.
    It can be the strongest thing on earth, even though its made up of a single simple element called carbon.
    But one small flame, a single fire, can bring it to its knees. Destroy it. Annihilate it.
    Your work, is commendable.
    Well done.
    But do explain to me, in brief, abt the reason behind this post.
    :)
  3. Comfortably Numb September 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    @Alex:

    I would like to ask that why is it the most material symbol of love...Just cos it is expensive?
    Thanks a lot. I would really like if you can point of the lines which you couldn't comprehend. It would be my pleasure to give an explanation :)

    Perception...but then all the things depend of the perception. What about you..what do you think about it?


    Cheers!!
  4. Comfortably Numb September 7, 2008 at 11:36 PM
    @RiverSoul

    I am glad :P
    Which parts went whoosh? Copy paste please ;)
    I know...it can be all that you said. It can be the hardest...It can be the most brilliant thing. It can be a symbol of love (which I doubt :P)

    Thanks a lot. :) I am glad that you like my work.

    The reason for this post...First of all as I said that for long I have been wanting to write something about the immaterial things...I mean immaterial according to me...And then the other dimensions like thieves and the dancer and shadow were just part of an attempt to make the poem deep and to which people can relate to. And yes I have been writing a lot of romance. I remember someone asking me that "Dont you think that the material things in love have turned immaterial and vice versa" So I thought of writing this.

    I think that's all.

    Cheers!!
  5. RiverSoul September 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM
    Its my inadequacy which makes it hard for me, to get some of ur points through my thick skull, but i'm sure you're there to help me get them through.
    :)
    Sadly, i'm Blogging and commenting only through my phone, and so copy paste is impossible.
    :(
    But i'm gonna do that, as soon as i get access to an internet ready pc.
    :)
    Ciao.
  6. .a. September 8, 2008 at 6:01 AM
    you know how many times i have read the poem, and have a detailed catharsis with you :p

    do you still need a comment rock,
    I wonders. so I writes.

    we had talk about it earlier, your idea of writing about something, non-living thing, and when you said immaterial i suggested you better write of pen or pencil, but you chose diamonds and i wondered of it. Since I am a woman, (although my being not-materialistic is not a false notion of being, but to the glimmer of diamond? - unmatchable. I'll prooly chose the stone itself!) and since I'm not in love or something so i cant really judge the idea of the poem.

    But legends has it that people have left treasures and precious stones for mere love! so it be true.

    back to the poem, i like the first verse. Your first verses are usually good, nice take-offs. the light and tears :)

    ok, just as an after thought, before i start a proper descent comment, you write too obscure. I like it though, its good in a way that people are free to have their own perception work to deduce from the poem what ever they want to, but dont you think that this way the purpose of writing i slost? for they are NOT getting what you want them to get. see? how many times it has happened that no one has gotten what you have written? do you not hate to explain your words? and how many times it has happned that people claiming to 'get' you actually got nothing?

    so abstract is good, nonetheless try making it a little *comprehendable* !

    since I had already told you about my confusion of It to Him. it is still there, could be a cool idea like in the begining diamond is shown as a dead stone, hence the IT and then when the admirer approaches it, and kissed, it gave it a soul and it becomes a HE.

    the Girl is then free to chose, the diamond heart of her lover or the heartless diamond.

    i've told you the lines i liked, add this to them 'she shall not steal His eager soul'

    and the postscript is mind blowing!
    awesome!


    this one is far better than the last one :)
  7. Preeti September 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM
    oh My God...

    That was so beautifully written...
    And you have created diamond-shaped stanzas...
    Right now i am still reeling so i am not in a position to express an opinion about the immaterialisms of life...

    :-)
  8. Cinderella. September 8, 2008 at 10:43 AM
    I am having major big time monday morning blues now....my eyes are burning - I want some tea to get charged or some more sleep !!

    I will come back n read it again when the left side of my brain gets active enough to be able to understand this ?
  9. Comfortably Numb September 8, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    @River Soul:

    I don't think its that. There are loads of people around who aren't getting it. And that speaks about my inability to write good stuff. But anyways I will try and explain it to everyone. I am gonna append a few lines to my post in some time..I hope that helps :)

    Thanks a lot :)

    Cheers!!
  10. Comfortably Numb September 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM
    @Asbah:

    First of all...Thanks a lot!

    I know what you mean. Its just that I cannot change the way I think and the way I write. There are some times when I think about complexity.

    How many times have you read poems with an explanation attached to it. I feel that a poem should be complete in itself. Wherein the composer has finished saying everything he wanted to. It wouldnt be difficult for me to give the explanation in the post script or something. But then the purpose of me writing gets defeated. If people don't get the lines then I feel its my own bad. Imma try to do better :)

    Thanks :)

    Cheers!
  11. Comfortably Numb September 8, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    @Preeti:

    Thanks a lot for reading and liking. I would love to see you back with all your thoughts about the poem and the immaterialism :)


    Cheers!!
  12. Comfortably Numb September 8, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    @Cinderella:

    Ahh I see....End of yet another weekend. I know it hurts. I'm still high on the weekend feeling. It would be great to see you back :)

    Cheers!!
  13. Mith September 8, 2008 at 8:19 PM
    well...am gonna be honest here...I dunno what glyptic means...and didn't understand the reference to "juicy steaks of love"... you write at a level which is so over and beyond me that it just leaves me speechless :)

    i loved the last line "dare you stay and glimpse; his heart?"...just beautiful :)
  14. Comfortably Numb September 8, 2008 at 8:27 PM
    @Mith:

    Thanks a lot. Hmm what have we got here :P

    glyp·tic
    –adjective
    1. of or pertaining to carving or engraving on gems or the like.

    and then Juicy steaks of love...

    Well one way of interpreting it is the artistic aroma of the body of the dancer. Steaks essential may or may not mean the parts of the body :P

    SO can I take that you understood the rest of the poem? :D
    lol I will take that as a compliment :)

    Thanks a lot!

    Cheers!!
  15. .a. September 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    exactly, my point! generally people dont get it and i wonder if i get that too or not :) so instead of a description why not making it a *little* simple, or explain a bit in the poem, even if it adds to more lines!!

    butu you know I am a fan :)
  16. Nidhi September 8, 2008 at 9:47 PM
    mm.. i didnt completely understand ur poem.. but wht eva i got it, it was nice. was waiting for ur post since so long. finally..
  17. Nidhi September 8, 2008 at 9:52 PM
    ya i think it'll be nice if u can explain little bit for wht purpose u write and wht was in ur mind whn u wrote it. cuz Poem are alwasy open ended. it is left for readers to understand. there is no definite meaning as we can comprehend to different thing. depends on individual perception.
  18. Amjad Khan September 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM
    I don't undersand. I really don't. And I feel sad. I really do.
  19. Disturbed Stranger September 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    Your words paint great images!
    Excellent choice of imagery!

    well done
  20. Divya September 8, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    whoa!!! i mean really... whoa!!!

    and i'll come back, read it again and post a decent comment when i'm done gaping at your work, wondering where He maketh all geniuses thus!

    phew!
  21. Daisy September 8, 2008 at 11:59 PM
    And for that deep thought... I have one line for you (same words that I may have invented if not already did by a great man) "Shine On, You Crazy Diamond!"

    xoxo

    (thanks for the funny comment on my silly post) I like your blog too thus I'm linking you!
  22. Anindita September 9, 2008 at 4:15 AM
    I always love your words, the flow and the crispness with which you write. In this post, more than the words, what captured my attention was the shape of your paragraphs... I notice pobscure things. And materialistic posts are silly. Until you write about them. I loved this post!

    Cheers. ^^.
  23. Anindita September 9, 2008 at 4:16 AM
    obscure***
  24. uz September 9, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    the way you have shown the materiality of immaterial things is superb...
    a praiseworthy piece!!
    keep it up!!
  25. Attila September 9, 2008 at 12:11 PM
    Hmm... nice post.. u rock as always..

    Nd I see that my blog is getting useful to you in more ways than the poems ;) u know what I mean, eh? Have fun!

    And thanks 4 commenting on my blog too.. yeah my hindi vocab is very limited and it took me 2 days to put up that stuff.
  26. mayz September 9, 2008 at 12:34 PM
    if u can make these immaterial things sound like these...i wonder wat can u do to feelings n emotions...u'll create havoc in d world!!!
  27. Cinderella. September 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    Brava, my friend, brava !!!

    I not only did read this, but also read the link that you gave....umm...perhaps you were right about the spoiler part..lol !! But then again, I think not. Had I not gone thru it, so much of it would have remained undeciphered on a singular term !!

    And also, its also nice n (important for me) to know the poet's point of view. Specially when there is poe I really admire.
    :)

    Amazing imagery of sorts. You scrutinized the every niche you could to garner a completely stupendous effect !!!

    I completely identify with the diamond and lovers stanza. Personally I believe you dont really need a diamond to show your love or prove (the general lingua ppl use ), and doing that is kinda like trynna fulfill some void which you perhaps never can.

    And this particualr view of mine matched with yours completely !
    I was thrilled to see it there..lol !!!

    Wonderful !!!!
  28. Shantharam Shenoy K September 9, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    just by reading this post..frankly speaking i understood very little...so i just checked the link you gave at the end...now everything was rather clear..Tears of ruby red...i thought of the movie "BLOOD DIAMOND" first...
  29. Rashi V September 9, 2008 at 10:37 PM
    Ok I haven't read your explanation for it, But I will give my gyaan funda for it and see if it matches yours...

    Diamond, he
    shone in the
    lightlessness
    Tears of ruby red.
    From the burnt and buried
    Metamorphosed,turns
    Glyptic.


    I can see a diamond , huge, being protected by loads of security. There isnt any light. And there are tears. Kinda like tears filled with blood.. The harsh realities of life- being burnt and buried have made it what it is a DIAMOND..

    Dancer, he
    drowned in the dark, and
    dressed in stark obsidian.
    Juicy steaks of love, pride
    bartered for a bit of glimmer.
    That won’t pilfer his shine away.
    Even the charcoal like onyx can
    Gleam.

    Admirer,she
    opens her mouth slightly
    lets it leave a lingering kiss
    on the inside of her dry lips.
    Texture. The feel of human skin,
    the feel of the city, the feel
    of soft salty wind. Salt like
    Blood.


    In the first part, I can see a dancer dancing in the dark with just the spotlight on him..He is also somewhat like a diamond.Hard work and sweat have put him on the stage and today he gets his fame and success..

    Next, I see this woman/girl who has everything but love.She tries to kiss it, to feel it loving her..But all she gets is disappointment...

    Thieves, they
    came to taste his light
    and fumbled in his shadow.
    He shimmered, refused to sparkle
    Amazed they were, who strived, came to
    see what might have been the symphony
    The flawless brilliance and the captivating
    Ego.

    Lovers, they
    came to stay, alight
    waiting for a bit of bright,
    expecting him to mesmerize them,
    to rejuvenate their squandered Love.
    But instead his shine grew weaker
    and he could not be their gem.
    That night-It won. It sneered.
    Dark horse, be warned –
    Even in the black he
    shines.


    Thieves are those who crave those diamonds..Somehow I see people who crave to get rich and in the process lose the very riches they had..The love of dear ones..Hence the diamonds have stopped shining for them..

    The love of lovers shone brighter than the shine of the gem.But instead of valuing this love..They gave into temptation and the diamond finally won ..

    Shadow, she
    shall not steal
    His eager soul
    White. Harsh. Slight
    Soft. Silk. Greyshine
    It's contexture- A work of art.
    Dare you stay and glimpse; His,
    Heart?


    When we see a diamond, we see just its tough exterior and its shine..One tends to forget its inside.Its soul and it heart!!

    Uff! Thats my analysis and Im off to read yours and see the difference!!

    Btw if you didnt understand it by now...As usual..Gr8 work..Complicated maybe but deep!!!
  30. Rachana Shakyawar September 10, 2008 at 2:29 AM
    Hi,
    Thank u so much for visiting my blog "Humming today" and also leaving ur blog link.

    U got really an intersting blog and the thing that shall make me again to ur page, are indeed the beautiful poems.

    Hope to read more creative from u..

    Cheers!
    Celebrate Life..
  31. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:17 PM
    @Asbah:

    I hope you finally got it. Thanks a lot for showing keen interest...and yes I know how to pay you back :P

    Cheers!!
  32. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:18 PM
    @Nidhi

    I know...whatever you are saying is correct...But I am sure that you haven't read the explanation?

    Make sure you read it.

    Thanks!

    Cheers!!
  33. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:19 PM
    @AmZad Khan:

    Dood I feel sad for you :( I really do. And I do feel sad for the people around you :P

    Stay blessed!

    Cheers!
  34. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:20 PM
    @Disturbed Stranger:

    Thanks a lot. I am glad you like it.

    Cheers!!
  35. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:21 PM
    @Divya:

    :D I am glad you like it. I am still waiting for you to come back :P

    Cheers!!
  36. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:23 PM
    @Daisy:

    LOL...I know..I have been in love with that song eversince..Too bad it comes in parts :P
    ^_^
    Thanks a lot for linking me :)

    Cheers!!
  37. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM
    @Anindita:

    Thanks a lot. I am glad you like it. Although the shape of the verses was intentional but I still didnt fall for it..As in I never tried hard to shape them in that way...if they came out like that...I went on with them. I didnt wanna delete/append words just so that the shape looks like a diamond. Atleast someone likes it :P

    Cheers!!
  38. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    @Uz:

    Thanks a lot for reading and appreciating. Materiality and Immateriality depends on the point of view. I see a diamond as immaterial right now. A lot of people dont see it that way. Im not sure I will believe in that 10 years down the line. But stil.....

    I hope to see you back :)

    Cheers!!
  39. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM
    @attila:

    I'm afraid but I really dont know what you are talking about? lmao


    Your blog getting useful to me...I know only 1 reason and that is cos you write well..and that too in hindi...:P

    Any other reasons? Feel free....

    Cheers!!
  40. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM
    @mayz:

    Thanks a lot. I've tried to experiment with emotions and feelings in the past...It'll be great if you can check them out. I am glad you like it..

    Cheers!!
  41. Amjad Khan September 10, 2008 at 10:39 PM
    Can I hump you bwaybeh? Plz.
  42. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:41 PM
    @Cinderella:

    Its great to see you back..without blues...with your mind working :P

    I know its a spoiler..just cos I wrote it in the most unattractive way possible..but then I agree that when you are reading it then you take certain lines for granted as in you think that they are just there for the heck of it. But then...Anyways :P

    Admire?Me? me *red*

    I feel nice when someone gets the exact same thing I wanted to say...without me pushing it on them. And I am glad you did.

    Thanks a lot!

    Cheers!!
  43. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM
    @Shantharam:

    And just for once I thought it was "Shantaram" :P
    Anyways thanks for reading and thanks again for going through that link. Read my previous posts and I am sure they'll be more clear.

    Cheers!!
  44. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    @Rashi:

    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!
    P-E-R-F-E-C-T. I bet no one was as close as this. And I somehow feel that you understood more than you wrote :P

    I am glad that you like it. And thanks a lot for taking out time for a detailed explanation. I love it.

    Cheers!!
  45. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:47 PM
    @Rachna:

    Thanks a lot :)
    I hope to see you back.

    Cheesr!!
  46. Comfortably Numb September 10, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    @AmZad Khan:

    NO! All rights reserved by the local pigs.
  47. Attila September 11, 2008 at 12:34 AM
    well I thought u got contact with somebody through my blog.. so that was it! but perhaps there are more than 1 channels to her.

    (delete it if you hv ne problems)
  48. Sana September 11, 2008 at 8:14 PM
    hey!!! nice...
    to start with it was like wind, breezing thru...but then it grew on me. i started gettin bits..i'll read agn too.
    the best bit was

    "Admirer,she
    opens her mouth slightly
    lets it leave a lingering kiss
    on the inside of her dry lips.
    Texture. The feel of human skin,
    the feel of the city, the feel
    of soft salty wind. Salt like
    Blood. "

    nice work cherry guy !

    and just a lil question, what inspired you to write this...infact what inspires u at all. all ur posts , they're so outta this world!
  49. sunny_raju September 11, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    hey it was cool
    and the formatting of lines were good, each para takes a shape :),
    was it delberate or co-incidence.
  50. anusha September 12, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    i had to go to the link u ve given to understand it. and after reading it from there i thot watver i thot ws right to some extent. eveni feell that diamonds r materil.. they r brought in wen teh love isnt fnuf.. u do hv a vague sense of writing..bt that works for ya! :)
  51. vsanthosh September 12, 2008 at 4:31 PM
    Hey,

    thanks alot for the comment on my blog. Great blog you have here. One of the best personal ones I've seen. And besides, yours might help me, I'm doing poetry in school now. Haha. Rock on.
  52. Abha September 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM
    hmmm.....Thanks to harry plopper..I can say I liked ur piece coz i understood it..:D..ok seriously..I loved it.....
  53. spectatorspeaks September 12, 2008 at 10:41 PM
    awesome man !!!
  54. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    @attila:

    Come on....I was kidding...I am glad that I got to read some good blogs through your blog :)

    Cheers!!
  55. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    @Sana:

    Thanks a lot sana. I am glad you like it. Well as far as the reason/inspiration for me writing my posts is simple. I write what my brain asks me to. And my brain asks me to write only what my eyes see. Even the fiction I write is in some way connected to what I see. :D

    Cheers!!
  56. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:23 PM
    @sunny:

    Thanks a lot. ummm it was deliberate but I never compensated on anything just to make it look nice :P

    Cheers!!
  57. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:26 PM
    @Anusha:

    :P Im glad you got it :) Even if it was after going through that link :)

    And isnt it nice to be unorthodox...but then I guess this is the only way I can write :)

    Cheers!!
  58. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:27 PM
    @Vsanthosh:

    Thanks a lot. Help you? Ask what you seek and I shall try :P

    Cheers!!
  59. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM
    @Abha:

    bwehhehehe....Harry Plopper....Yaa you really have to watch the Simpsons Movie..and then you'll know who harry plopper is :P

    And I am glad you like it :)

    cheers!!
  60. Comfortably Numb September 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM
    @Spectator Speaks:

    Thanks a lot.

    Cheers!
  61. Attila September 13, 2008 at 1:26 PM
    this daisy.. how did u get 2 her.. eh?
  62. manorath September 15, 2008 at 10:00 PM
    well.. i think i was close to the explanation u gave in that link.. it was easier for me as i gave a voice to ur poem while i was over it.. it would b great if u add an audio version of ur poem.. its the way one reads a poem that leads them to an interpretation..
  63. manorath September 16, 2008 at 7:37 PM
    as i ve commented b4 on this poem, lemme reply to ur comment..

    well.. that post was written hinting a few jerks as well as the position i was in.. that picture was chosen later.. i can see why u din get that now.. think on issues bordering the sense of belonging to the crowd u got stuck..

    cheers..!
  64. lukkydivz September 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM
    i failed to comprehend...your link helped :)
    hats off to your creative expressions.
    lovely page :)
  65. Lena September 17, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    thats an amazing way to present something immaterial through feelings and comprehension of people.
    Your poem makes people think, not just read and go but stay and wonder what it is about and what you wanted to say, but when one realizes it, the poem sounds much more beautiful!
    Great work :)
  66. Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    Keep posting.
  67. Abhinav Viswambharan September 17, 2008 at 10:11 PM
    Hey...I had read this post a couple of days back and i remember writing a comment for it too...

    Anyways,your creativity is indeed worth appreciation. The way you have formatted the poem, itself reflects it's essence - diamonds.

    I must be lying if I say that I understood your poem completely, still it did strike a chord. :)
  68. vatsal September 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM
    :-)..thanks for visitin :-)
    it does makes sense :-)...in case you want it to :-)
  69. Nabila Zehra Zaidi September 19, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    Beutiful and Pictursque!

    I loved the lines where you have written about a dancer.

    Each one of us want all things beautiful... material or immaterial... :)
  70. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM
    @attila:

    I guess through your blog... :P
  71. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    @Manorath:

    Thanks a lot for the advice. But I still think that poetry is always open to a million interpretations and the best interpretation for the person is when he does it himself...reads it in the way he wants to...and then decide for himself/herself....

    Cheers!!
  72. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:25 PM
    @lukkydivz:

    Thanks a lot for reading :)
    Its sad for me that you couldnt comprehend but I am glad that the link was useful :)

    Cheers!!
  73. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    @Lena:

    Thanks a lot. Its really nice for me to read that at least I can induce some sort of thinking in someone who has read my poem. I am glad you could relate to it. I hope to see you around a lot more.

    Cheers!!
  74. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    @anonymous:

    It would have been great if you would have revealed your identity but then....

    Thanks a lot.

    Cheers!!
  75. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:31 PM
    @abhinav:

    Hmm...I believe you. Thanks a lot for the appreciation...

    So it wasn't clear even after you went through that link?

    Cheers!!
  76. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    @vatsal:

    I really don't know how it can..It would be lovely if you can explain any one of your creations.

    Cheers!!
  77. Comfortably Numb September 20, 2008 at 8:34 PM
    @Nabila:

    Thanks a lot. It wouldnt be wrong if I say that I liked that verse too :P

    Cheers!!
  78. peter September 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    well a nice poem there!!
    but then yeah it's a debatable topic We set a parameter to evrythng and then decide what is valuable and wat is not...like comparably diamond is costlier than iron or the other gems but then platinum is again costlier than diamond ...so it's we whu decide what is costly and wat is not (human nature)

    whatever soothes is gud and watever doesn't is equal to shit !!

    Well it can be stretched in to a debate so avoiding it ...I wud say again that a very nice poem :P

    peace !!
  79. τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя September 22, 2008 at 9:47 AM
    wohaaaaaaaaa....

    the language's awesome......though i Had to read ur spoilers//but it was a marvelluous piece.
  80. τ ħ€ ĐάЎđяёάmёя September 22, 2008 at 10:14 AM
    oh btw thx for dropping by .....and I will keep a habit of dropping in here to learn more new words :P


    lol
    ur blogrolled
  81. I Rule September 24, 2008 at 12:42 AM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  82. I Rule September 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM
    Okay. I had to actually inevitably go for the spoiler.
    Nevertheless, this is one of the most brilliant posts I have come across so far. Mesmerized.
    Gonna be a frequent visitor :)
  83. Hashan Hazarika September 24, 2008 at 9:36 PM
    You are one of those who dove down into the deep ocean of words and bring out some priceless incredible pearls!! and Thanks to Meriam-Webster, without her help it was hard to understand :)...
    Cheers !!!!
  84. Zubin September 27, 2008 at 1:54 AM
    Half of it was going over my head..till I read the explanation.. :D

    Thats an awesome piece of writing man..seriously..great...
    Now I know a real poet.. :D

    rolling you..
  85. Sandeep Balan September 29, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    a masterpiece chote...right from the take off to the words n the shape of d stanzas..a masterpiece...nothing less! The beauty lies in the abstractness n d treatment!
  86. Sandeep Balan September 29, 2008 at 12:44 AM
    a masterpiece chote...right from the take off to the words n the shape of d stanzas..a masterpiece...nothing less! The beauty lies in the abstractness n d treatment!
  87. RiverSoul September 29, 2008 at 7:44 AM
    I forgot to mention this:
    I've awarded you with the brilliante weblog award, 2 weeks ago. Its in my second-latest post.
    :)
  88. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:17 PM
    @everyone:

    I was just re reading my poem...And I still maintain what I said :P

    Cheers :P
  89. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    @Peter:

    See...The point is that whatever is soothing to someone..is always a pain for someone else. And it may be materialistic/immaterialistic depending on your POV. And yes we do set a parameter for everything. But then as you said its human for us to do that. But then if we dont do this...and if we dont quantify happiness then wont all of us look like beans on the floor?

    Cheers!!
  90. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:20 PM
    @Daydreamer:

    Thanks a lot for the appreciation. I am glad you liked it.


    Cheers!!

    @Peter:

    And I forgot to say..Thanks a lot.
  91. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:21 PM
    @I rule:

    Thanks a lot. I am glad I managed to make sense. It will really be great to see you around a lot more :)

    Cheers!!
  92. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:23 PM
    @Hashan Hazarika:

    Thanks a lot. I really believe in expressing the whole shit inside my heart out on the paper. Cos without it I would do justice to myself when I write :)

    Cheers!!
  93. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:25 PM
    @Zubin:

    I will try harder the next time so that people dont need the spoiler :P
    Thanks a lot.

    Cheerss!!
  94. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:26 PM
    @Sandeep aka Bhaiyaa :P

    Thanks a lot for your precious visit. I am glad you like it. And Im sure you can see the I am trying to expand my genre :P

    cheerss!
  95. Comfortably Numb October 2, 2008 at 11:27 PM
    @Riversoul:

    Thanks a ton. I really am smiling ear to ear.

    Cheers!!
  96. nefariousoutlook October 7, 2008 at 8:12 AM
    wow!!
  97. Pranay October 10, 2008 at 11:40 PM
    I am not entirely sure if I comprehend completely the piece that it was....Coz I am sure, there were layers of meaning. Loved the narration. It has a definite flow. Something such poems lack. And the deliberate shape etched on the background gives it a mystical quality. I must say...One of the best posts I have seen.
    You are right. I don't understand the importance given to that piece of rock. Talking about material things in general, there are many things which have earned their place by being of some use to Man !:D
  98. inu November 22, 2008 at 10:26 PM
    Admirer,she
    opens her mouth slightly
    lets it leave a lingering kiss
    on the inside of her dry lips.
    Texture. The feel of human skin,
    the feel of the city, the feel
    of soft salty wind. Salt like
    Blood.
  99. arte November 29, 2008 at 9:01 PM
    Admirer,she
    opens her mouth slightly
    lets it leave a lingering kiss
    on the inside of her dry lips.
    Texture. The feel of human skin,
    the feel of the city, the feel
    of soft salty wind. Salt like
    Blood.

    really loved this stanza! these words just add to human emotions.
    admire your writing :)
  100. Comfortably Numb December 21, 2008 at 2:24 AM
    @Nefarious:

    Thanks a lot :)

    Cheers!!
  101. Comfortably Numb December 21, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    @Pranay:

    As I always say. Interpretation and POV is left open for the imagination of the reader. You just have to get a few things out of the post. Few things which you can relate to :D Rest all is for others to see.

    Cheers!!
  102. Comfortably Numb December 21, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    @Inu:

    @-)

    Thanks a lot for reading :D

    Cheers!!
  103. Comfortably Numb December 21, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    @Arte:

    Thanks a lot :D

    Cheers!!
  104. RINZU SUSAN RAJAN December 23, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    unstructured free verse poetry was never so mesmerizing at anytime...but then again at some places I went mad trying to comprehend...
    Don't take it negatively but poetry must be able to seep through the reader's mind...now that i have taken poetry lessons i thought i could make this suggestion...

    :D
  105. Prajwala January 1, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    ok... pardon me for I didn't understand much of it...

    I can say only one thing... it was a DARK piece of work

Something to say?