Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

The Rendezvous

Category: , , By Homer Simpson!

Ye, the statue stands before my eye,
Blinded I was, I could not see.
Deafening silence is the only thing,
That separates thou from us.
Within this stone does thou heart beat?
Do thou yearn for passion like me?
I look thou, The Statue, next to me,
With the sense of compassion and knowingly...

One day, stone will split and thou shalt love me.
Crawl will thy heart. For me it shall crave.
Fool 'tis who carved thou the colossal of Love,
For thou to be wasted in this lackluster world.
Oh thy words art cold as Winter's smile,
which graces upon thy lips all this time,
And even though mine blood 'tis not pure,
Thy heart, ‘tis a celestial being for sure.

To love, to worship, to stretch these arms,
Way out of the furrow of thine eye.
To simply be, what I am. To simply be thine.
-Juliet, beau, slave, lover and thy woman.
Thoust speaks of heritage and blemishes upon thine skin,
But wherefore am I in all this? In thy world?
Shall I feel the shame for being acutely different?
Canst thou renounce this forge and come with me?

O what am I to thee, to the colossal nucleus?
Art thou mine master, what ties doth thou hold?
Canst thou be mine renunciation,these jagged wounds I bear?
Doth Cupid in winged armies, not find it whimsical,
To prick me with his arrow of love? Am I not worthy?
I shalt not love nor find in anyone's warm caresses;But you.

The gentle minx which brews. Am I to be alone?
Desolate and cast astray? Why canst thou love me?


The satue-Thine own self should thou love.
What hast thou done, 'tis playing with hands.
Spoiled I am,courtesy thine quest for perfection.
Like a ship set ashore went perambulating.
Thine wish to make love to boulders.
Thou wilt not pacify me with your anguish.
I canst ever know wherefore they do it.
I shalt remain a statue. I shalt remain a statue.
For ever.


PS: In continuation to my post Bouldered Love. Let me know if something needs to be corrected.

 

44 comments so far.

  1. seher's shenanigans December 25, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    The gentle minx which brews. Am I to be alone?
    Desolate and cast astray? Why canst thou love me?

    it could not have been done so beautifully!

    wonderful! every inch of it!
  2. Ragamalika, Malik, Rags, wateva! December 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM
    "Oh thy words art cold as Winter's smile,
    which graces upon thy lips all this time,"
    Very interesting... It's a nice attempt. very passionate... I'll go read the other post now...
  3. .a. December 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM
    yeah i wondered at both verses the above two commentors have mentioned!

    the gentle mix which brews

    and at the winter's smile...


    i loved it. your ability to produce sheer beauty.
    promise to come back, re-read and tell you what specifically i loved.

    It was much understandable rock, way more understandable!

    do you heart beat in the stone?

    one day the stone shall split and you will love me...

    wow!
  4. Rashi V December 25, 2008 at 3:45 PM
    I told you I loved it... And Im happy the first few comments arent about a nice post...

    My fav lines :
    One day, stone will split and thou shalt love me.
    Crawl will thy heart. For me it shall crave.


    It reminded me of my latest poem :P

    O what am I to thee, to the colossal nucleus?
    Art thou mine master, what ties doth thou hold?
    Canst thou be mine renunciation,these jagged wounds I bear?
    Doth Cupid in winged armies, not find it whimsical,
    To prick me with his arrow of love? Am I not worthy?
    I shalt not love nor find in anyone's warm caresses;But you.


    I dont know what to say about these lines...They dont remind me of anything I wrote but they do reflect somewhat I feel...

    FYI : I hate you for writing so well :)
  5. Anonymous December 25, 2008 at 4:00 PM
    heyy...its really good...i loved d last part....i shalt remain a statue.Forever....amazinnn
  6. E!$|-|@L December 25, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    Beautiful....
    i love reading poetry....n it reminded me of some ery classic one's i had read....

    wish i cud hv writtem something lyk u :P

    ma fav lines.....
    "Within this stone does thou heart beat?
    Do thou yearn for passion like me?"

    "Fool 'tis who carved thou the colossal of Love,
    For thou to be wasted in this lackluster world"
  7. Satans Darling™ December 27, 2008 at 12:02 AM
    I don't think I need to mention what a beautiful post this is after all the comments you have received before I commented :P

    My favourite lines:

    And even though mine blood 'tis not pure,
    Thy heart, ‘tis a celestial being for sure.



    Spoiled I am,courtesy thine quest for perfection.
    Like a ship set ashore went perambulating.
    Thine wish to make love to boulders.
    Thou wilt not pacify me with your anguish.
    I canst ever know wherefore they do it.
    I shalt remain a statue. I shalt remain a statue.
    For ever.
  8. ki December 27, 2008 at 5:52 PM
    Oh my god.
    Wow.

    "To love, to worship, to stretch these arms,
    Way out of the furrow of thine eye.
    To simply be, what I am. To simply be thine."

    Wow.
  9. *~*{Sameera}*~* December 28, 2008 at 2:28 AM
    I was remembering the Bouldered Love post and lo! you mentioned at the end that it's related to it :)

    Loved the style of the poem!
  10. buzzzzzzzzz... December 28, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    lol ..i read d abuv lines , bout not bein able to comprehend ...wel u gt one ninny visitor who doesnt much comprehend ur poem , n u myt take it 4 a complimnt cuz evrythn tat's incomprehensible to me ..is
    wat dey call
    "art"...
  11. Kalidas December 28, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    Hey mate... great poem and love the Shakespearean style.. you must have read a lot of his poems..

    Btw... nice twist in the end. I thought it was somebody speaking to a statue in the end, but after the last stanza, I found that it was the other way around..

    Excellente amigo!!
  12. Nivedita December 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM
    ive read almost everything in your archives..im almost feeling like you..lol
    somehow unrequited love seems like the best kind..or maybe its something wrong with me..
    i loved the restlessness and dissatisfaction..
  13. mou December 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM
    this is the first i came across Shakespearean type of poetry...and gosh! am impressed. the love, the passion expressed here, it's simply beautiful!

    my fav lines:
    "Deafening silence is the only thing,
    That separates thou from us.
    Within this stone does thou heart beat?"

    "One day, stone will split and thou shalt love me.
    Crawl will thy heart. For me it shall crave."

    "To simply be, what I am. To simply be thine."

    "The gentle minx which brews. Am I to be alone?
    Desolate and cast astray? Why canst thou love me?"

    "Spoiled I am,courtesy thine quest for perfection."
  14. Luscious Sealed Lips December 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM
    A beautiful attempt.

    I love and respect Shakespeare too much to say it was 'perfect' or 'most beautifully done'. Sorry. But definitely a nice and interesting thought comes across.

    Kisses.
  15. insanely~positive December 29, 2008 at 6:41 AM
    maybe this is the first time i am commenting on a poem.

    it's a great poem. a human being can be as dead as a statue at times

    :)
  16. Riya Das December 29, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    "One day, stone will split and thou shalt love me.
    Crawl will thy heart. For me it shall crave."

    loved these lines best.. awesome one.
  17. The Lover December 29, 2008 at 9:12 PM
    This is too good man. I love your style(s)!!
  18. Aj December 30, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    That waz shittly good litrature.

    How do you write awsome thigz like that???

    Oh and I love the name of your blog..
  19. Ria December 30, 2008 at 11:03 PM
    amazing template. :) and very well written post.
  20. मैं शायर बदनाम December 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    Hey just came to yours as you visited mine... amazing, still jarring the string of my grey cells.

    Atiuttam ka hindi shabd kya hota hai....hmmmm

    the best of the best... may be beshtesht....

    will keep visiting
  21. Free-Fallin' January 2, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    AaaaH. finally, something new to read from you.,,,been waiting for it, your shakespearian-attempt. i must say, it was worth the wait. U've outdone yourself again.
    PS: U sure your alter-ego ain't from some Hamlet on an english moor?? so brilliant....
    your list of admirers increases some more!!!!!!!
  22. Free-Fallin' January 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    I shall read the verses a few more times, and then comment on the content, but....brilliant!!
  23. Jadis January 3, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    I loved it. As far as the content is concerned. 

    But grammarwise, a few correction need to be made.

    ‘Deafening silence is the only thing,
    That separates THEE from us.
    Within this stone does THY heart beat?’

    ‘THOU SPEAKEST of heritage and blemishes upon thine skin,’

    ‘I canst NOT ever know wherefore they do it.’

    ‘Canst’ is ‘Can’, and not ‘Cannot’.

    Sorry for being such a grammar Nazi, but then I just thought this beautiful poem should be blemish-free.
  24. *~*{Sameera}*~* January 4, 2009 at 2:46 PM
    Happy New Year! :)
  25. RINZU SUSAN RAJAN January 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM
    To love, to worship, to stretch these arms,
    Way out of the furrow of thine eye.
    To simply be, what I am. To simply be thine.
    -Juliet, beau, slave, lover and thy woman.

    loved these lines..described your lady love perfectly...the way u wanted it to be...

    and this time i understood the poem without any mind blogging confusions...

    :)

    keep writing...

    www.thepoeticdiaries.blogspot.com
  26. Tina January 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    O what am I to thee, to the colossal nucleus?
    Art thou mine master, what ties doth thou hold?
    Canst thou be mine renunciation,these jagged wounds I bear?
    Doth Cupid in winged armies, not find it whimsical,
    To prick me with his arrow of love? Am I not worthy?
    I shalt not love nor find in anyone's warm caresses;But you.


    This prty much xplains me now....brilliant attempt..and some how m hooked to this para. Man its kinda hurting. good emotions mate rendered in a classy way.

    Love
    Tee
  27. Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 10:13 AM
    hi, dan visit this telecom news website....www.mobigyaan.co.cc
    gimme ur review...
  28. Unpretentious Diva January 9, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    What the heck are you trying to be?

    Some re-invented Indian Shakespeare?


    Anyways the work sounds good.

    Good Wishes and a happy new year.


    ReasonForLiberty
  29. oo7 January 11, 2009 at 1:44 AM
    whenever i visit you i see a gem of a post...i loved it all the last para i liked most.

    i loved this new style ..write another one...

    tc and hugs
  30. ranjana January 14, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    its simply beautiful :)
  31. Still thinking January 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM
    You love. You sure love with uninhibited passion.

    'I shalt not love nor find in anyone's warm caresses;But you.' - it's beautiful.

    P.S: Did you see how each one of us related to some or the other line passionately :D

    I love your style dear.
  32. kunal January 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM
    well written...
    quite nice.
    keep it up!!!
    www.computertricks.co.nr
  33. C R D January 26, 2009 at 11:35 AM
    lovely concept dude...in love with a statue...

    are statues less stone hearted than humans? [:P]


    Cheers
    CRD
  34. AshenGlow January 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    Wow... Beautiful... really loved the way you ended the poem...

    Though i myself do not know much about Shakespearean English, one can get a good idea about this language from the bible. And that would be readily available online.. :)
  35. Ria January 29, 2009 at 11:21 PM
    hey where hav u disappeared buddy!?
  36. Comfortably Numb January 29, 2009 at 11:59 PM
    @seher's shenanigans:


    Thanks a lot. For reading. And for liking.

    Cheers!!
  37. Comfortably Numb January 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM
    @Ragamalika:

    Thanks a lot. It was my first attempt at something like this.

    Cheers!!
  38. Comfortably Numb January 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    @Asbah:

    Thanks for reading. You came back? That remains to be seen as I reply to all teh comments.

    Cheers!!
  39. Comfortably Numb January 30, 2009 at 12:03 AM
    @Rash:

    Aww man. Thanks a TON!!!

    FYI: If that is true. You hate yourself more than you hate me :D

    PS: Imma write very soon. DOn't post till then
  40. Comfortably Numb January 30, 2009 at 12:04 AM
    @Anonymous:

    Thanks a lot. I guess you should leave your something something contact details.

    Cheers!!
  41. Pooja February 1, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    Marvelous!!!
  42. Prateek February 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    "I look thou, The Statue, next to me,"

    The correct way to put it is "i look at thee..."

    Unless you mean to say "i look you..."
  43. Adisha February 21, 2009 at 1:14 PM
    Not quite there, but Almost !! And That's saying a Lot ...

    Wish I was Half as talented man !! You ability to bring out beauty from words, images, feelings !Amazing ...

    Cheers,
    Adisha
  44. Pretty Me!! March 10, 2009 at 10:10 PM
    nice!!! you have great way with words.. then y is this blog not updated regularly ?? waiting to read more soon !!

Something to say?