Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

Then. There. Now.

Category: , , , By Homer Simpson!

The hush in your voice betrays you unconditionally,
When you say you're fine. Kind of fine. Just about.
I pretend to struggle, to not know, While I recall,

where have I heard that line. In agonized whispers?
And now, that puts me off. For I want you to be upfront.

Your ostentatiously bright saliva is dense and thicker,
than it usually is. As you wash it down your deep throat,
And slowly release a gust of wind right across my face
The same honeyed breeze which used to turn me on
And now, that puts me off. For I want words to make sense.

When you keep it inside and chew over it for days, barefaced.
And your tone is mushy but it pricks my ears relentlessly.
What your mind is going through and what tension it spells.
I watch patiently as you struggle to collect syllables. To talk.
And now, that puts me off. For I love the flawless you.

Then it finally builds up, To the inexorable epitome.
And you vent it on everything, that your eyes plant a kiss on.
Smile, you'll feel so much better. Believe, that you do matter.
On this winding life, upon which we tread, for whatever happens.
And now, that puts me off. For I crave for unconditional cuddles.

You thought I wouldn't care. And I will just pretend.
You thought I didn't care. Know that I'll hold you,
You thought I shouldn't care. And I'll be by your side.
To laugh and to listen. To whatever you may hide.
Lets begin from square one. From hence do you smile.
And now, It wont put me off. Never. Ever. I swear. To God.
Look Tender. Don't pretend for however long you need to,

For an hour,

A minute,

Or just a while...


PS: Contrary to popular belief, this is not for that someone special. I would like to say that for almost all my posts. But then... This is for everyone. I feel there is nothing more to it. And yes, this for the record doesn't have a negative result if I may say so.
 

41 comments so far.

  1. Satans Darling™ February 15, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    What can I say, long awaited! You have not posted for a long time now. And the result is this. A beautiful poem. You can feel the emotional rush as you read it. Great work. As always!
  2. spicymist February 15, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    hey this poems nice. how do u manage to write poems so well?
    * Your ostentatiously bright saliva is dense and thicker * > lol
    welcome back to blogging. cheers
  3. sanz360 February 15, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    wow... you've just earned yourself a fan (& a blog follower).. and i don't mean just because of what you've written (which is b'ful) but because what you've written is exactly about ME (and that scares me! Lol)...
    every single line is something i do, keep myself away from saying it and just putting up a pretence of being "fine"

    i seriously love what you've put down here!

    ~Sanz
    http://sanz360.wordpress.com/
  4. Nim February 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM
    Wow!!..dude...that was amazing...
  5. americanising desi February 15, 2009 at 11:34 PM
    i am always looking forward to your posts and this one has done me what all your posts do to me :)

    i will be glad to tell you that all that emotion you poured ionto it, came out brilliantly and because it is such a beauty and directed to me... like everyone... i 'll pretend i am fine!
  6. cutestangel February 16, 2009 at 2:06 AM
    Beautifully constructed with great vocabulary.
  7. katieleigh February 16, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    I wish I had more time to ponder over this. I'm at work but will re read it again later, when I'm not distracted by the hustle/bustle.

    For now, I wanted to say, really nice. I loved the 'put me off' line. It was really akwardly placed there but completely made the poem.

    Very nice style

    x
  8. AshenGlow February 16, 2009 at 10:28 AM
    Long time really! Nice theme to write about. And has been written amazingly. I tried to read the poem by skipping the last line of every paragraph. I felt that made it even more beautiful. :)
    Nonetheless, its nice work as usual!

    ^_^
    Ashen
  9. Preeti February 16, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    OH MY GOD!!!

    I choose to ignore the PS... by the by.

    This is beautiful. You are such a complete poet. Every single time you surpass your own self. Every single poem every single narrative that you've written speaks of a mind that is blackly shining with a thick, lush darkness that threatens to engulf...

    Why why why did you have to put the PS...? Why couldnt you just let us be delusional and sigh at the fact that the woman (non-existent thought she maybe) you've written this for is SO LUCKY.

    You've taken my breath away...
  10. Sorcerer February 16, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    finally an update from you.

    thats a nice comeback.Mr.Terminator!

    amazing it is.
  11. Priya February 16, 2009 at 8:19 PM
    Absolutely beautiful lines.
  12. Divya February 17, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    you've got something on my blog :)
    http://slateumchalkum.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-birthday-p.html
  13. Adisha February 18, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    I love the flawless you ... vent it on everything, that your eyes pllant a kiss on ... crave for unconditional cuddles ...

    don't pretend... just a lil while !!

    This is perhaps one of the most beautiful posts I've read in recent time !!!! Thank you ...

    Cheers,
    adisha
  14. R.V February 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM
    I will not comment anything that praises what you have written.. But it just spoke to me and you know why! It feels so special! Sometimes, when I read you, I wonder if I know you. I do but there is more. Is there more that I'm unaware of. Assuming there isn't, you have an amazing ability to imagine!
  15. .a. February 23, 2009 at 2:22 AM
    what? lol

    i like this one, and belieme i didnt have to read it twice.

    1) either you're getting sane!
    2) or insanity is engulfing me!

    I loved this line:
    I watch patiently as you struggle to collect syllables. To talk

    so pretty!

    and then the loving of flawless you, reminded me of a line of 'of love and all demons' it said:
    Love is not blind, it sees all faults but does not mind! so unlike ur notion of flawless, or maybe i am mis interpreting!

    awesome it came as:

    Then it finally builds up, To the inexorable epitome.
    And you vent it on everything, that your eyes plant a kiss on.
    Smile, you'll feel so much better.Believe, that you do matter.
    On this winding life,upon which we tread, for whatever happens.

    and guess what it actually made me smile.. but then came the turn off:
    'And now, that puts me off. For I crave for unconditional cuddles.'

    and for a second i was like, duh! :P

    mindblowing!
    You thought I wouldn't care. And I will just pretend.
    You thought I didn't care. Know that I'll hold you,
    You thought I shouldn't care. And I'll be by your side.
    To laugh and to listen. To whatever you may hide.
    Lets begin from square one. From hence do you smile.
    And now, It wont put me off. Never. Ever. I swear. To God.

    wow! sheer delight, as your work generelly is!

    look tender... wow!


    welcome back rock!! I missed you :)
  16. Pretty Me!! February 26, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    Smile, you'll feel so much better.Believe, that you do matter.


    such a sweet message :)
    this was really nice one .. :)
  17. Cursed♪♫ February 27, 2009 at 1:11 PM
    Wow!
    I mean, great re !
    You write so well !
    I love the post picture!
    i love your blog!!
  18. E!$|-|@L March 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    hmmmm...
    a really good one...
    loved the flow of emotions (thoughts rather)
    u always come up with something classes though
    keep up the good work
    happy blogging!
  19. raj87 March 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    Amazing the Only word I can have for it...I Read almost a dozen different bloggers today but this is the best...

    keep writing..
  20. oo7 March 10, 2009 at 4:34 PM
    i liked it,reminded me of someone somewhere
  21. Brilliantly Dull March 19, 2009 at 1:03 AM
    ok...........
    i am an official fan!!
    i cant say anything more.... because its just......
    brilliant.
  22. stuntman mike March 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    i won't even claim that i understood what you meant to say .. but i liked the poem nevertheless. that's the beauty of poetry in the first place, it will paint different pictures to different people.

    to me it is a yearning to all things small, all things that get lost in an oblivion of neglect, all people who think they don't matter, loved ones who take things in their stride and for whatever reason decide not to stand up and shout back to let themselves be heard. shed their cocoon of fake content and be vocal and real. lose all their pretence cos we love them the way they are!
  23. raj87 April 3, 2009 at 11:56 PM
    Have already said...you are amazing man..amazing...
  24. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:11 AM
    @Ash:

    Aaah the first line haunts me again. I really havent written in a long time. I guess will do it in a few. Thanks a lot for the lovely comment :)

    Cheers!!
  25. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:13 AM
    @SpicyMist:

    Aah! Wish I knew. Just write what comes to my mind. Thanks a lot. Welcome back. Yea I sure do need that.

    Cheers!!
  26. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM
    @Sanz:

    Aww. Me smiling ear to ear. Hah. Don't worry..I don't know you. Hmmm someday you must and will have to accept that its not actually "fine" to do that. Speak out.

    Cheers!!
  27. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:14 AM
    @Nim:

    Thanks a lot for reading

    Cheers!!
  28. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    @Americanising Desi:

    Thanks a lot. As I said..Doing so isnt "fine". Speak out and youll be so much better. And people around you will feel so much better. thanks for reading :)

    Cheers!!
  29. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:16 AM
    @Cutest Angel:

    Thanks a lot. Do come back.

    Cheers!!
  30. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:17 AM
    @Katie:

    Do read it again. I'll be honored. Thanks a lot for the compliment :)

    Cheers!!
  31. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:19 AM
    @Ashen:

    Thanks a lot for reading and liking. I believe Those last lines were actually a part of the poem written as a conclusion. But I just wanted to place them in between cos I personally thought it provided a base for the next stanza to begin and a halt after the previous stanza which gives time to think over what youve read. I will try and look after it in my next posts. Thanks.

    Cheers!!
  32. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    @Preeti:

    lol! Arghhh! That was just a clarification. Everytime I write a female centerd post...I am asked whos the girl? What did she do to you? Tell us more. So that was just to tell everyone that its all in the mind. Nothing even close to what they assume. Yeah you can ignore it if it makes more sense to you after that. Thanks a lot for the compliment. I hope to keep it going.

    Cheers!!
  33. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM
    @Sorcerer:

    Aaah...thanks a lot man. Everytime I see you around..I cannot help thinking that I know you. I have a friend who talks exactly like you do. Anyways...

    Cheers!!
  34. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:24 AM
    @Priya:

    Thanks a lot :)

    Cheers!!
  35. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:25 AM
    @Divya:

    w00t w00t. Thanks a lot.

    Cheers!!
  36. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:39 AM
    @Adisha:

    *Blush*. Thanks for the appreciation.

    Cheers!!
  37. Comfortably Numb April 4, 2009 at 12:40 AM
    @Rash:

    Praise? You commenting = Praise. Do I know you? Yes. Something else? Yes. Thanks a lot :)

    Cheers!!
  38. gurleen April 5, 2009 at 9:17 AM
    MR . numb that was fantabulous indeed altough i could not manage some lines but got the essence thnkfully ...loved ur post...
  39. SIZZLING SWATI April 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM
    welll I have to be honest that I did nto really get the poem... but what I liked about it was some of the expressions used in it.. :)
  40. The Dreamologist April 27, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    Smile, you'll feel so much better.Believe, that you do matter.

    someone else said that it was a sweet message, i beg to defer.
    It heals.
    Your blog is something like sacred to me!
    Touching, is an understatement, but I can't find better words.
    In love with your blog!
  41. Misty October 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM
    Beautiful!

    Reminds me of myself.
    :P

    Great work, as usual!

Something to say?