Cherry Flavoured Antacids
Prose, Poetry and Random Musings.

Dead before Death.

Category: , , By Homer Simpson!


Midnight climax lingers and furthers my appearance,
darkness blends and finally brings in the distance.
Silently, the echoes soar through the window pane.
The night of ethereal pain. Soul burns, invisible flame.
Obtusely, the darkness soothes me into exotic realms
I taste it, I feel it. And eventually my heart fuels.

Yet I prefer to leave it.

I turned my face away from the only light of day
Turned away from what I wanted and out of the right way.
Eclipsed into the darkness, of the night unfurled.
I'd fold my eyes and I'd back away from the cruel world.
An obnoxious world that furthers me away from the light.
She held out her hand and drove me further, into the night.

Yet I hide away from her.

I Sense and I hear the night savoring its tenderness.
My eyes yawned, only to see her unleash the warm caress.
My selfish thoughts undone. At once she snatched away my soul.
And my heart from me. Soulless mind. I reach out. Wheres my pistol?
In this overly empowering darkness, I know there is no light.
No excruciating fighting light within the darkness of the night

Yet I think, only when are we ever meant to be?

I feel, smell and inherit the bitter-sweet intoxication
It soothes me, burns me and holds me with such sensation.
My fruitless journey begins through this darkness within,
The power she has, of consuming light. I let the agony begin.
She alone can realize my dream, lead me to the light.
I'll escape the demons within. Escape the darkness of the night.

Yet I Can't remember the last time I saw my face.

Wolves vent their loneliness. And the dark one awakes.
Curled icy wisps of death shroud her. Her pale skin flakes.
With an everlasting agony. Her inky black hair cascades over,
her translucent ivory shoulders, God of night be her lover.
Her full deeply crimson lips part slightly, for me to taste,
the life streaming from the wine-like flesh and beneath, in haste.


And I still love her in the darkness where even the death may die.
It was a night of unreal life and love.
I remember her.
Nyx
she be.

Ps: Nyx-> In Greek mythology, Nyx (Νύξ, Nox in Roman translation) was the primordial goddess of the night.
 

20 comments so far.

  1. R.V April 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    Yet I think, only when are we ever meant to be?

    Yet I Can't remember the last time I saw my face.

    Wolves vent their loneliness. And the dark one awakes.
    Curled icy wisps of death shroud her. Her pale skin flakes.
    With an everlasting agony. Her inky black hair cascades over,
    her translucent ivory shoulders, God of night be her lover.
    Her full deeply crimson lips part slightly, for me to taste,
    the life streaming from the wine-like flesh and beneath, in haste.

    And I still love her in the darkness where even the death may die.
    It was a night of unreal life and love.
    I remember her.
    Nyx she be.



    Loved these lines!

    I told you the story I compared it to! Welcome back!

    Vivid, simple and yet hard hitting somehow! I wonder how you do it! <3
  2. americanising desi April 5, 2009 at 4:23 PM
    how do you do such magic?
    i bet you are the life in the dark.
    you r the one who chases death away
    and for sure she lives with you when the curtains r drawn :)

    love your play !
  3. Kichie... April 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    WOW..WOW..WOW.. Loved it! Loved the after feeling of reading the poem!

    My fav lines:

    Wolves vent their loneliness. And the dark one awakes.
    Curled icy wisps of death shroud her. Her pale skin flakes.
    With an everlasting agony. Her inky black hair cascades over,
    her translucent ivory shoulders, God of night be her lover.
    Her full deeply crimson lips part slightly, for me to taste,
    the life streaming from the wine-like flesh and beneath, in haste.


    Since this is the only way remaining for me to be in touch with you, I hope you're doing all fine. Take care.. Bye now...
  4. oo7 April 5, 2009 at 6:25 PM
    I feel, smell and inherit the bitter-sweet intoxication
    //It soothes me, burns me, holds me With such sensation.
    My fruitless journey begins through this darkness within,
    The power she has, of consuming light. I let the agony begin.
    Her alone can realize my dream, lead me to the light.
    I'll escape the demons within.Escape the darkness of the night.//

    wonderful...
    i love darkness and the power that comes through it.
  5. Creation April 11, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    Hi,

    Pop over to my blog, there’s an award waiting for you.
  6. Gopalakrishnan April 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    And I still love her in the darkness where even the death may die.
    It was a night of unreal life and love.



    These lines perfectly did justice to the sizzling stanzas it followed. You personified night in a stunning way. Nice post. Keep blogging!
  7. Adisha April 19, 2009 at 12:32 AM
    After a long time and how ... Only you can do what you do ... You're writing to me, is as abstract as words can be yet with meaning that's so riveting.

    Yet I must confess, it makes me more than one read to get grasp of it all but the more times I read it, the more the beauty of the feelings jump out at me ...

    Keep blogging ..

    cheers,
    adisha
  8. raj87 April 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    brilliant....Loved it to the core...


    And I still love her in the darkness where even the death may die.
    It was a night of unreal life and love.
    I remember her.
    Nyx she be.
  9. sajith viswam April 27, 2009 at 2:21 PM
    i dont know how to congratulate you! Im speechless as you wer just playing with the words with great eaziness...Ultimate stuff!!Overflowing with wine of poetry!!!

    keep bloggin..
  10. C R D April 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    there is poetry, and then there is POETRY.

    I friggin hate labelling my nursery rhymes as poetry whenever i read ur poems.

    Making love to the darkness of night? What a thought.

    The night blinds us all...

    Cheers
    CRD
  11. Ankit May 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    hey that was nice one...
  12. C R D May 4, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    please be more regular. Uve left nothing for me to comment on...
  13. Daisy May 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    Wow these are very heavy stuff! I like the darkness of your poetry and the cynical way of using "Homer Simpson" as a pen name.
  14. Setu May 25, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    hmm..
  15. Knatchbulley Hughzscene May 29, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    simply awesome!!!
  16. cutestangel June 1, 2009 at 12:54 AM
    You have a fantastic command of the english language.I loved each and every line, spooky, eerie It was just wonderful.


    http://cutestangel.wordpress.com/
  17. arte June 3, 2009 at 1:31 PM
    i think i have told you earlier, or if i havent, u should try writing ballad poems.. perhaps what you are writing now is ballads.. u have a gr8 ability to tell stories in a poetic way.. LOV ur writing style,man :)
  18. I, Me and Myself June 8, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    my my har hitting poem...i havent come across any like this before...just came by your blog and from past half hour i have been searching thru it n i still don't wanna leave it...seriously thats the first time i was soo hard hit by a blog...god bless u dear...keep writing...cheers...
  19. Tabitha June 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM
    MESMERIZIN!!!!
  20. Aparajita Bhattacharya (Administrator) July 4, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    Loved this one. And the pic accompanying it. :)

Something to say?